Update of Katelyns Surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update of Katelyns Surgery

Katelyn is out of surgery - she was a real trooper and has been very brave. she is in quite a bit of pain but otherwise everything is good. I am sooo relieved to be through this part of it. We are still waiting to talk to her doctor. I will update later.

Sharon

Sharon, That's great! Kaitlyn and I have been thinking and praying for you guys. Now you can take a nice deep breath!! How long was she in for?
    Tracy

Comment

That's great.

I hope her recovery goes smoothly and quickly.
      Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
      Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

I'm so glad to hear all went well. Please keep us posted!

Mary Ellen

Comment

Good to hear. Now exhale that huge breath!

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!!!!

Tracy,

They said she would be in for 5-6 hours but the surgery ended up only taking 3 1/2 hours. She was gone from 7:00 to 1:00 (total time) He said that her small size and the flexability of the spine was defenately a plus. On the x-rays her spine looked 100 percent straight to me but he said we would know more when she has her checkup in a few weeks since those were taken while laying down. Keep us posted.

Yes, I am breathing a huge sigh of releif (cautiously though since he said the next couple of days would be harder than the first). But thank God the wait is over and the surgery was a success.

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone!!!! Will update again later.

Sharon

Comment

Sharon, 7-1pm is great. Although, it probably felt like a lifetime. I have a feeling we will be at a 6-7hr surgery. I don't know why, but I do, but you are giving me encouragement. I took a deep breathe for you and Katelyn, too, because you made it over that first BIG hill. After that, its smaller bumps! I know it's gonna be a little rough the next few days, but you guys will do great! Hang in there! I can't wait to be on the other side of that hill, because right now I'm climbing up it and hyperventilating

PS take care of yourself too

Tracy

Comment

It's always great to hear good news about these children!

Take care of yourself, too!

Marian

Comment

I'm glad to hear all went well. WOW! 3 hour surgery! That's amazing!

I'm sure it was the longest 3 hours of your life but I'm impressed.

I know we are told somewhere between 5-6 hours for ours.

Keep us updated. I'm sure the next few days will be hard but I'm sure each day will get better.
                  Becky
                  Mom to DD (15) with S 48*+ curve
                  Had her surgery March 9, 2009

Comment

Sharon, hope everything is going well! My Kaitlyn is in surgery as I speak. She went in at 8am, they called at 9:30 and said they had started. Around 11 they were doing the screws, and 12:30 they were working on the rods. The wait is a bear, very emotional at times. How is the pain for Katelyn, now? Hope she recovers quickly! keep in touch....... I'll go wait!!!........ Tracy

Comment

Working...
                    X