What to wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to wear

I have not gotten my brace and thats why im asking now what should I wear its SUPPOSED to come this week but the place keeps lying to us but i just want to know ahead of time does anyone have advice

What to wear

Hi Starbinky

If you've read in the Dressing your Curves section, there's not much to add probably. If you are not committed to close-fitting shirts (which are tough with a brace), consider empire waist, A-line or or baby-doll tops in patterns and colors you like. You can find very cute ones on-line if you look with your Mom. Hoodies (straight-line ones are fine) hide the brace terrifically, if that's a concern. My daughter also wears straight-line shirts she likes and doesn't worry about whether the brace shows--but that's an individual thing, something for you to figure out what your comfortable with. A size up is probably necessary. For pants, kids seems to do different things--under, over, leggings, jeans. I know from daughter and others, that jeans over the brace don't work well because the back gets caught on the end of the brace and pushed down. Things with elastic waists all around work better over (but you have a shirt over the waist-band so it's not noticeable that it's an elastic waist). Some kids wear stuff under, but that gave my daughter irritated spots so we stopped that. I bought low-rise seamless underwear for my daughter because her regular ones were leaving red spots. They seem to work and are easy in the bathroom as well. You'll find stuff that works for you and that you can live with--a little trial and error. It wil be OK.
    mamandcrm

G diagnosed 6/08 at almost 7 with 25*
    Providence night brace, increased to 35*
    Rigo-Cheneau brace full-time 12/08-4/10
    14* at 10/09 OOB x-ray
    11* at 4/10 OOB x-ray
    Wearing R-C part-time since 4/10
    latest OOB xray 5/14 13*
    currently going on 13 yrs old

I no longer participate in this forum though I will update signature from time to time with status

Comment

Thanx so much for your help and advice im gettging my brace on thursday we will see how it goes. Ill let you know byebye

Comment

Dressing your curves

I remember when I first got my brace. I know that it is important to wear clothes that you feel and look good in. I have been there and done that. My suggestion is to keep looking for clothers that will flatter you with your brace. What you may not think is funny, I still had a lot of friends and boyfriends (I don't know how old you are) but they understood. Those are the friends that you need to seek out if you have not already done so. Please write me again if you need any advise, and I know that you may be scared but you will make it!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X