• Denied SSDI

1 25.00%
  • Length of application

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Ssdi

Ssdi

Good morning or evening.
    As an individual that has recently applied for SSDI after working for over thirty years with a congential disability and to keep a long story short. I can not no longer sit, stand or walk long enough to do reasonable or gainful employment. I'm curious to find out for my own information, how many individuals on this forum have applied for SSDI, and or are now receiving it?
    Thanks,
    Live long and prosper!

I am 63. Applied for SSDI Sept. 03. My first and second filings was denied. Have a Disability attorney involved in the next phase which will be a hearing...In the denials it states that I can sit, walk, bend, stand...Therefore I could do receptionist work as I have done in the past. If only they could be in my shoes for a week. Some days are real good...others not. My full Social Security date is 65-8...Don't know when the hearing will be.
    First doctor they had me visit did not even want to look at my back...I sat there with a coat on..He looked at my surgery report 18 years ago...and said he would give me a favorable report. Next I was sent to a physcologist. The second filing they had my breathing capability tested.

Keep going and I'm sorry to hear of your fight, I'm surprise that at your young age they won't give it to you. I was curious to hear what is your disability. I know scoliosis, but what degree and when was your surgery?
    Sounds a little like what my own is, except I'm limited in walking and sitting, also I have Spinal Stenosis and my spine is 80% fused with no rod or metal of any kind.
    Live long and prosper!

Kim,
    Remember that the docs that SS sends you to are hired and payed by SS. It behooves them to find in favor of SS and against you! You also have the right to question what they are writing in your medical chart that is being sent to SS. BE ASSURTATIVE!! Ask to see what they have written down and are send to SS and then question them, if you disagree.
    SandyC
    SandyC

Hi Everyone,

Good news, I have just been awarded SSDI, so you can do it yourself and on line. I was blessed, I guess it is bettersweet news in one aspect, I was awarded on my first try and within three months. Guess my scoliosis is severe enough that they did not need a fight or further proof of my disability. Glad in one way but kind of depressing in another, I will still work but very limited and part-time within the quidelines of Social Security Disability.
    God Bless...
    Live long and prosper!

working

If you have worked in an office before and can type fast, one option for part time work that is great for the good day/bad day situation is subbing for the secretaries in the school system. I had to take several tests but now that I'm hired I get calls by an automated system when a secretary calls off. If it is a bad day I don't take a job but if it is a good day I do. Works out great. Pay is good too.

Tammy

how hard was it to get SSDI?

I'm thinking of applying - I have severe {90+ degree} scheurman's kyphosis, and now can harly walk or work. I've been using my elderly father's motorized wheelchair just to get around the house and to work, and some days I can't even do that. I have a 10mo DD, and worry about being able to support her without working {I've missed 3 weeks of work now due to back issues}.

I have the results of several tests they did on me while pregnant, lung function and ekg, and the x-rays saying 90 degrees curvature from 2 years ago.

I'm right with you girlfriend!

I filed in October and just turned 50 in August...same with me...cannot do any one position for more than 15 minutes with out becoming totally stiff or in pain somewhere in my body. I also have tingling and numbness down arms and in hands that comes and goes....and sometimes shooting pain that goes down the front of right leg.
    Mine is 54 degree thor/lumb.
    i lost 2 inches of height in the past year.

I applied for SSDI mostly to get the insurance coverage. I knew something was wrong and I was having trouble sitting/standing/laying down for more than 15 minutes at a time. My claim was denied and I could not afford to be out of work for so long. So I force myself to work. It is not fun or pleasent. With the new news of the hardware problems I might try again, because now that I can put more of a lable to what is causing me pain maybe I can get a better chance this time. Of course I am sure it will be held against me that I applied in 2003 but then worked from 2004 to present.

I applied once and was turned down. I waited two more years and applied again. I was turned down, got a lawyer, filed an appeal. Was turned down again. Filed for a court hearing and have been waiting for a date since 10/2006.
    T12- L5 fusion 1975 - Rochester, NY
    2002 removal of bottom of rod and extra fusion
    3/1/11 C5-C6 disc replacement
    Daughter - T7 - L3 fusion 2004