Nearly 8 months post op now/pics of Egypt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly 8 months post op now/pics of Egypt

Hi everyone I am doing better now, still get some stabbing pains in the shoulder blades, and also around the middle of the fusion the rest of it is ok, and I havent woke up with my bad hip again in ages, which is good because I couldnt move when that played up..

Anyway I know it has been a while but here are a few pics of Egypt in December 08.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...081213_101.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...081213_102.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h2...081213_103.jpg

Hope these work I havent uploaded many pics and cant remember how to do it.

Angela
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Angela,

You are just gorgeous, and look fantastic! Sounds like a great vacation. Thanks for sharing your pics.

I get some stabbing, pinching pains around my left shoulder blade sometimes too. One of my hips is bothering me since surgery too, what's up with yours? Did you have a problem with it prior to surgery? I didn't. I will ask the surgeon about it at my next appointment. The physical therapist thinks it's because my hip alignment has changed and my body was used to the 'uneveness' that it had for so many years.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Hiya and thank you for your comment

My right hip use to play me up after wwalking a lot before I had the surgery but now its my left hip, and sometimes it aches all day although it has been fine for ages, and also i would go sleep and wake up and then even if I tried the slightish movement it would kill I couldnt even move some mornings with the pain, but it has settled down now hopefully for good.

Angela
      Angela, 25 England.
      75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
      Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
      Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
      May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Hi Angela! Thanks so much for your update. I am sooo glad to hear that a lot of your pain has settled down. Your pics are terrific! Thanks for sharing!!!
        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Originally posted by Angelacross View Post
          Hiya and thank you for your comment

My right hip use to play me up after wwalking a lot before I had the surgery but now its my left hip, and sometimes it aches all day although it has been fine for ages, and also i would go sleep and wake up and then even if I tried the slightish movement it would kill I couldnt even move some mornings with the pain, but it has settled down now hopefully for good.

Angela
          Angela,

My right hip used to bother me off and on for years, and my left was fine. Now, my right hip is fine, and my left is bothering me too. I have forward and backwards range of motion ok, but I can't put my leg out to the side as far as I used to or it feels like it just doesn't fit in the socket right.. The PT is stretching with me and the range of motion has gotten a little better, but once it hits a certain spot, WHAM it doesn't want to go any further without hurting. I go for my checkup on 3/5, and I'll see what the Dr. has to say about it.

I wonder if there are others out there with this problem and if it gets better.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
          Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
          Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
          Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
          Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
          X