No announcement yet.

New Boston Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Katelyn~You made me laugh when you said you wanted to burn your brace! I too thought that I would burn mine, but I didn't...I guess I just never got around to it but its something to shoot for this summer.

T Nizzle~ The shirts I am talking about are in the men's section. They are a really thin tank top and form fitting. We tried regular T-shirts too but they would get all bunched up.

Acssbodypro~ What kind of surgery are you having done? Are you having fusion on all of your curves or just the herniated ones? The surgery is painful but you get really good drugs and before long you feel great!

When I was wearing my brace I hated it! I went as far as leaving it on a bus bench at the State Fair in hopes that someone would throw it away, it would get hit by a car, stolen, etc...needless to say that didn't happen but I did get in a lot of trouble!

Comment

Hi

Hi everyone,
      I am already friends with t nizzle and HeatherM but anyone else that would like to talk im here and I might need some advice so anybody thats going through this or has been through this i could use some advice because i have not gotten my brace yet but im kind of getting really scared and I even did a powerpoint presentation on scoliosis but i still need more info on clothes and thanks t nizzle for the advice you already gave!!

Comment

Me Too!

Hi i am 9 years old i am getting a boston brace soon. i will feel your pain soon. Maybe we can chat when i get my brace.

Comment

Originally posted by t nizzle View Post
          ... also, if you're a belly sleeper (like me) you're going to have to train yourself not to sleep on your stomach. It's just really awkward. hard feeling to describe, but I definitely don't like it lol.
          t nizzle ...

I wore a Boston for about 3 years, and you do get used to it. As far as stomach sleeping, try it with extra pillows under your hips: That's how I did it until I got used to the brace and didn't need them anymore ;-).

For that matter, I learned to sleep on my stomach again after surgery the very same way (for you pre-ops posting here ... it's a good trick to file away).

Regards,
          Pam
          Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
          AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
          Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
          Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
          EMAIL ME

Comment

Working...
          X