14month old with congentile scoliosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gregg & Cindy,

I am so excited to hear from you guys! That is wonderful that Ari is up and around and doing so well. We could all learn a thing or two from your sweetie about bravery, couldn't we?

I know it's almost impossible to keep a teenager in a brace. I can't imagine keeing an active baby in one. Good luck, and I just know everything will continue to go well.

Hugs,
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Gregg/Cindy

I think the point that should be stressed here is that if she doesn't wear the brace, she runs the risk of non-fusion again. They should have put her in something more permanent given the problems she had the first time around. If it were me, I would have insisted. The poor child may require further surgeries if the fusion doesn't "take". I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but this is very serious.

Celia
      Last edited by Celia; 04-15-2005, 02:55 PM.

Canadian eh
      Daughter, Deirdre born Oct 2000. Diagnosed with 60 degree curve at the age of 19 months. Serial casting by Dr. Hedden at Sick Kid's Hospital. Currently being treated by Dr. Rivard and Dr. Coillard in Montreal with the Spinecor brace and curve is holding at "2" degrees. Next appointment 2008

Comment

Gregg & Cindy:
        You guys are doing a great job with Ari. To have gone through two surgeries with her in such a short period of time. Keep up the great work.

'til later,
        Nikki

Comment

Working...
        X