quality of life and complience with bracing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quality of life and complience with bracing

new paper that should be perfect on this forum for a debate.
    I personally have not much to ad, but I would love to hear what you wearing the brace actually think and feel.

please read link below (link may change when it is published and I will then edit the link)
    goes to the pdf

The relationship between quality of life and compliance to a brace protocol in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis: A comparative study.
    A practitioner seeking answers to enhance the treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis

Blog: www.fixscoliosis.com/

Really interesting topic

So, I read your paper, and the study is facinating. I am discribed by my surgeon as completely compliant. I felt that although the brace was a nusicence (sp?) it didn't really affect my quality of life. my quality of life was still very good. I went to some forums at my hospital and met girls who were extremely uncomplaint. their lives were drastically different, and they were angry and bitter about their scoliosis. so, I think your paper proves a valid point. Off topic, I wrote a research paper for my english class stating that in the united states, surgeons should not be the sole overseers of preventative treatment if spinal fusion is not the most desireable outcome (got an A since my teacher had noooo idea what I was even talking about). Yours was very good! an interesting topic to ponder.
    Hey, so I'm Rebecca, I'm 20 and I wore a Boston Brace for one year, and then a Cheneau brace for 5+ years. The Cheneau changed my life. I now am out of brace full time!!!! Its amazing. For all my scoli-girls (and guys of course) hang in there - the day you get your brace off is the best feeling ever. All the years of wearing it won't matter when that day comes. amo vobis!

"DUX FEMINA FACTI (The leader of the deed was a WOMAN!)"
    -Virgel

Comment

Working...
    X