Something positive about chiro...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debbe

I had problems using my hot tub. It would feel great while in the water, then about 4 hours later, major pain. When I stopped using it, the problems stopped, so I drained it years ago. I think it might have been due to not using ice after. I don't really know why it wasn't working for me anymore.

I was getting my massages at Steamboat Hot springs which is at the base of Geiger grade which leads up to Virginia City. Several Presidents and Mark Twain used to hang there back during the Comstock era. They have tub rooms and I would take a tub, then get massaged right after. That worked great for years.

I have to say that the best hot springs with THE cleanest water and pool is Radium hot springs in Invermere, British Columbia
    Lolo hot springs is also a great place in Lolo,Montana. Older scoliotic skiers have a habit of finding these places. LOL

Also worth mentioning, was a Hawaiian Lomi Lomi masseuse that worked on me when I would get into trouble out in Kona. She had this gazebo in the rain forest, and getting a massage during a heavy downpour was the ticket. The rain out there is 80 degrees, the air is 80 degrees, its serene. Very Hawaiian, she would be chopping up plants and large leaves and placing them on me with hot rocks and mud and you know all that trippy stuff. Oooohhhhweeooo chants, smoke, you might say, it was a little on the Voodoo side. You don't get this treatment down at the Hyatt for sure. Love the culture.

My fatigue ended at 11 months. I was napping every day for 2 hours in the afternoon and now I have stopped that. My physical therapy on my shoulder has helped my back considerably. The arms definitely connect to the back! LOL

Pam

I called my masseuse tonight.Old habits are so hard to break. Time for mud.

Ed
    49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
    Pre surgery curves T70,L70
    ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
    Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
    http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

Donations needed

Let's see ... Steamboat hot springs ... British Columbia ... Montana ... Kona ...

Ed, I think you need to donate to my fund so I can visit all of these places and verify your results.

Oh well, guess I'll drive up the road to my current (excellent) massage therapist and just dream about Hawaii ...
      FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
      10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
      8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
      5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
      2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
      3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

savings plan

It helps to have friends in Hawaii. It helps to have friends all over the world.

I just turned down a Thailand trip. I have friends that live in northeastern Thailand near Laos. I have to "sit on the nest" with all the economic turmoil.Too many jobs are being lost. Maybe next year.

Occupancy levels are at record lows right now in Hawaii and the Caribbean. Get aggressive with fares, and book your trip.
        There are boatloads of empty condos out there right now.

One good thing about scoliosis recovery is that it is so painful to go shopping. I broke my shoulder also so I couldn't write checks. Quite the savings plan huh? LOL It works, I haven't really bought anything or spent any money in a year.

Suzy Orman should suggest that one. "Go break your shoulder so you cannot write checks" LOL

Ed
        49 yr old male, now 63, the new 64...
        Pre surgery curves T70,L70
        ALIF/PSA T2-Pelvis 01/29/08, 01/31/08 7" pelvic anchors BMP
        Dr Brett Menmuir St Marys Hospital Reno,Nevada

Bending and twisting pics after full fusion
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...on.&highlight=

My x-rays
        http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...2&d=1228779214

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/attac...3&d=1228779258

Comment

I have friends all over too (but not in Hawaii, darn). For the past 3-4 years the deterrent to traveling has been those three surgeries! And now that I think I could actually go on vacation and be able to walk upright for some of the time, like everyone else I'm afraid to spend the money. My retirement stash is dwindling fast. I actually daydream about a boatload of money so I could take advantage of all the bargains out there right now! Oh well ...
          FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
          2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
          3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Originally posted by trulyaries View Post
            My retirement stash is dwindling fast.
            I honestly don’t know which was more painful for me in ’08, my surgery and recovery or seeing my retirement savings evaporate.

Comment

Originally posted by CHRIS WBS View Post
              I honestly don’t know which was more painful for me in ’08, my surgery and recovery or seeing my retirement savings evaporate.
              I dont know about the comparison with surgery but.....
              my buddy says it's worse than a divorce.
              He lost half his money but still has his wife.

Comment

I've come to the conclusiion that I will never be able to retire. I guess we'll have to work till we drop....

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

I've come to the conclusiion that I will never be able to retire. I guess we'll have to work till we drop....
                  Except some of us are caught between a rock and a hard place. I'm in Michigan - I don't need to tell you what the job situation is here. I would be willng to work right now, even part-time freelance, but I was a producer for marketing/training programs for the auto industry and almost all of my colleagues are either laid off or on the verge. I sure hope this economy turns around soon.
                  FeliciaFeliciaFelicia

Comment

Working...
                  X