Anybody Talked to Frankie Bush?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody Talked to Frankie Bush?

I am sick with worry about a friend and member of this forum, Frankie Bush, who was scheduled to have a very high risk revision surgery with Dr. Boachie at HSS in October. I have emailed him multiple times with no response, and his web page appears to be shutting down. There was one cryptic message from his personal assistant about him developing pneumonia and having serious complications, but I've seen nothing since. I hope no harm has come to him. If anyone has any news, please share!
    Susanna
    ~~~~~~
    Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

me, too...

Susanna,
    I was wondering the same thing as I was following his case. Seems you & I are always having the same intuitive thoughts going on!!
    I hope he's ok. Perhaps they held on the surgery based on his health.
    I wanted to email Lindy & ask but of course they cannot release information...
    Lynne
    ps. did you watch the CNN Heroes this yr??

Comment

Hi Lynne,

Shoot, no I missed the Heroes show. I will have to check out the nominees online. I will post here if I get any updates on Frankie.

Susanna
      Susanna
      ~~~~~~
      Mother of a 17 year old daughter. Her "S" curve was 40 degree thoracic from T3 to T9, and a 70 degree rotatory thorcolumbar from T9 to L4. She was operated on March 9th, 2005 by Dr. Boachie-Adjei at the Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC. She was fused from T11 to L3, using an anterior approach, and the major curve corrected to 20 degrees. She's doing great!

Comment

Susanna,
        I'm thinking they did not do the operations due to his health ..Ly

Comment

I just read his story. Is there some way of trying to contact him or someone close to him? He could simply be recovering from the surgeries if in fact he was able to have them. Does anyone know if he was well enough to go through with the surgeries? I was thinking that his surgery was so complex in nature, that dr. Boachie surely could not turn him down because of payment?
          avis
          1987 Lumbar Laminectomy (forget which levels)
          2005 A/P fusion, L2 - L5, 2/2005
          2009 2 Posterior fusions, T6 - Pelvis, 2/10 & 2/18,
          Dr. Frank Rand, NEBH

Comment

He was scheduled to have the July with Boachie in July but had an infection; then was admitted to HSS for surgery in October but developed pneumonia, and that's the last anyone's heard. His health has been fragile for years.
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Frankie Bush

The following was posted on the Flatback Revised Board on 12/15/08 by one of his care givers :

FRANKIE HOSPITAL AGAIN, ACUTE CARE

hi just want to ley you all know that frankie is in the acute care hospital here in vegas, he is still on the vent...he was home for thanksgiving buy went back the following day...he has his good days and bad..and i am hoping for for of the good days right now. i am staying with him most of the time...get a few hours break, but that is it...with all of this stress i came down with shingles and so am on pain meds to keep myself going...will see my doc. this week i hope...may dr. mike will see me sooner...anyways wanted everyone to know that we are still alive and kicking...will keep you all informed as much as i can.....love wanda keep us in your hearts and prayers

This was posted on 11/30/08
              JUST A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KOW THAT FRANKIE IS HOME NOW, WITHOUT THE SURG. BUT WITH THE HALO ON HE IS IN TRACTION AT THIS TIME..HE WAS HOME FOR ONLY A WEEK AND WAS BACK IN THE HOSPITAL HERE IN VEGAS AGAIN WITH PEMOUNIA ... HE IS NOW AT HOME ON A VENT..THINGS SEEMS TO GO SO SLOW WHERE HE IS CONCERNED...WE ARE WORKING WITH HIM AND HOPE THAT WE CAN GET HIM OFF THE VENT AND JUST KEEP THE TRAC. IIN AS HE WILL HAVE TO HAVE IT ANYWAYS FOR THE SURG...WHEN EVER THAT WILL BE...ANY WAYS WE DID HAVE THANKSGIVING AND IT WAS JUST A SMALL AFFAIR THIS YEAR...ONLY SEVEN OF US HERE VS 12 OR MORE LOTS OF PIES IN THE REFR. NOW ON WELL I GUESS I CAN NEVER LEARN TO COOK SMALL...MY ORGINAL FAMILY WAS 10 PLUS THE KIDS ALWAYS HAD FRIENDS OVER...SO YOU CAN GUESS I ALWAYS FIX OFR A ARMY OF HUNGRY TEENS AND GROWING KIDS...WILL I NEED TO SIGN OFF AND GET TO FRANKIE..TAKE CARE LOVE WANDA P.S. SO SORRY ABOUT THE MAIL THING..I KNOW WE NEVER RECIEVED ANYTHING WHILE HE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL...BUT THANK GOD FOR E-MAIL IT HELPS A LOT

Arlene

Comment

Thank You!

Sorry for my delayed response. For some reason I either accidently deleted the email or did not receive a message when you originally posted this response. I so appreciate you providing this update! What forum were you on?

Susanna
                Susanna
                ~~~~~~

Comment

me too... I was concerned about him.
                  LY-

Comment

Working...
                  X