Harrington Rod Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harrington Rod Removal

I am scheduled to have my Harrington rods removed this Tuesday, and I am nervous about it. They have been in 14 years but are now causing me to have serum filled cysts. Has anyone had rods removed before who can share their recovery experience?

Has anyone had seromas develop many years post-implant?

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Hi LuLu....

In addition to any responses you might receive, there have been quite a few threads on this topic. If you click on the Search link above, then type in REMOVAL, you'll find plenty.

Good luck.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Thank you! =)

Comment

Hey I know this is way late, but I thought I would post anyway. In case it helps you or anyone else.
        My name is Ali, I had a spinal fusion plus rods and bone graph from my hip from T3-L1 for 60degree Main curve with two ~35 degree curves on the top and bottom. I was 13 when I had the surgery in 2001.
        When I was a freshman in college at 18, my pain increased to such a level that I was living on heavy pain medications. On my spring break, with little evidence to figure out what was causing the pain in my back. I underwent a rod removal procedure that would also allow my doctor a close up look of what was going on. A few cysts and rods later, I woke up feeling better than I had felt before. By the morning after the surgery (yeah, I couldn't believe I had even had the surgery), I was walking out of the hospital on my own two feet. The cysts were full of spinal fluid and were causing pressure on my spinal cord. Which caused the pain and left me, at times, not being able to move my legs.
        The difference from before and after was huge for me. I have felt alot better without my rods in, and I still have a lil back pain. But no issues with my back.
        It is now a month shy of two years post-op from the second surgery. I am 20 yrs old, and there is very lil I don't do, now-a-days.

Comment

Hmmmmm.... maybe that's what happening to me.... seromas... I just opened a new thread about a draining lesion on my back connected to the HR. I'm scheduled for removal on 2/24.
          Hope things went well for you Lulu.

Comment

Working...
          X