Surgery costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lynn Marie,
    My (HMO) Insurance is the same co-pay as yours. When I went in for my most recent surgery last year I had a $250 OOP for the hospital stay and anything that happened in the hospital (ie surgery, surgeons fees, medication, radiology, anesthesia, etc). My surgery was way more extensive than a first time scoli fusion, and at the end of my hospital stay I was not ready to go home yet (insurance basically mandates that as soon as you are "stable" you go home). I was transferred by ambulance to a rehab hospital for another week. The co-pay for the ambulance was $100 and for the rehab hospital (since it was a "new" admission) was another $250. Overall I paid $600 for my 11 days in the hospital. Still very good in the scheme of things.

Comment

My surgery (so far) totals around $235,000. The implants alone were $134,000, so when my husband says he can sell me for scrap, he is serious

Our out of pocket was a $240 hospital copay, plus about $500 more to meet my out of pocket maximum. Everything else was either written off or paid by the insurance.

Thank God for my insurance.

***How could I forget....Edited to add that we paid $1500 out of pocket for my private room, and around $1500 out of pocket for the private nurse at night. Totally worth every penny, in my opinion.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
      Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
      Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
      Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
      Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Working...
      X