Milwaukee Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Brace

I was wandering if there was anyone here who has worn or is still wearing a Milwaukee brace? My wife has Kyphosis with a very mild scoliosis curve. Recently we have tried a few different braces to help with her back pain. The first brace was a TLSO brace which was poorly made and fitted and she would not wear it. Currently she is wearing a modified knight-taylor brace which is helping. Her doctor told her orthotist to make the brace to how much restriction she could tolerate. My thought on this is that he thinks a milwaukee brace would probably be more suitable for her but does not want to push her into it. I know she is afraid of the milwaukee brace but everything I have read points to this brace beeing the best type for higher curves like she has. I have tried to find one so that she could actually see one and pssibly get a feel for what they would be like but really have not had any luck. I would love to find someone that she can talk to and if possible see one up close or on someone.

Mike

Mike, I believe you have reposted this thread? I wear a Milwaukee brace, basically for three curves and a lot of twists. Im 37 and have been wearing it for a few years now. Without it, my breathing is affected and my nerves get all messed up. I had AIS growing up and wore many braces and then in 1999 had an accident that set it all off again. I cannot get surgery and without the brace, can not walk due to nerve irritation ( I dont know how to put it). I had a low profile Milwaukee brace but was still getting migrains. They added the cervical extension and sense then I have been ache free. If you have any questions, I hope I can help. Good Luck =)
    Kevin
    AIS and Traumatic Scoliosis
    Degrees always differ (LOL)
    THIS FORUM ROCKS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
    X