Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going into hospital tomorrow morning

Hi All,

Just want you to know Tahlia and I are off to hospital tomorrow morning. She is due to have a neurology appt where they measure the baseline activity of the brain and then it's admission into hospital, for surgery on Tuesday.

I am surprisingly calm. And so is Tahlia, although she has been calm all along. For those of you who have been following along with my posts, you would know that I have been a basket case at times (!!!) but I think I am prepared.

I will let you all know what procedure we decide to have and how things turn out. I will be thinking of you all and hope you are of me (as I know you are).

Thanks for your best wishes.
    *HUGS* to all

LIsa
    Mum to Tahlia, aged 15. Fused from T2 - L3, 18/11/08.

Good luck, Lisa.

It's hard. But these surgeons are good at what they do. Between them and you, the right decision will emerge. It could be there is more than one right decision. Modern medicine is truly amazing.

Best regards,
    sharon
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Thoughts and prayers...

Lisa-- it sounds like you are ready, and I am looking forward to reading that post you'll be writing to us soon! I am praying for you for peace of mind and trust that all will go well-- and for Tahlia for a very successful surgery and relatively quick recovery. Hang in there-- you are almost to the other side of this HUGE event. Many hugs, well wishes, and healing thoughts to you and Tahlia. --Susie
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Will keep you and Tahlia in my prayers, Lisa.

Please update us as you can.

Take care!

Marian

Comment

I hope the surgery goes really well, as I'm sure it will. Since the Dr.'s can't really expect you to choose the type of surgery they'll do, they must have their own plan if they're proceeding with the surgery.

Good luck and just know that you're in the worst place with all of this now. It will only get better.
          Laurie

Mother of Alexander & Zachary:
          Alex is 16 years old and in the 11th grade. He has congenital scoliosis due to a hemivertebrae at T10. Wore a TLSO brace for 3 1/2 years. Pre-op curves were T45 & L65; curves post-op are approx. T31 & L34. Had a posterior spinal fusion from T8 to L3 on 7/12/07 at age 12. Doing great now in so many ways, but still working on improving posture.
          Zach is 13 years old and very energetic.

Comment

Hoping that calmness stays with you Lisa. You're almost there. So glad that Tahlia is calm too.

I will most definitely be thinking of you and wishing you both all the very best. And like others, I'll be looking out for that first good news post.
            Surgery March 3, 2009 at almost 58, now 63.
            Dr. Askin, Brisbane, Australia
            T4-Pelvis, Posterior only
            Osteotomies and Laminectomies
            Was 68 degrees, now 22 and pain free

Comment

Working...
            X