First Day Back! =]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Day Back! =]

Heyy everyone! Today is officially 5 weeks post op. for me =] I'm feeling GREAT! So for those of you who just came out of surgery, there is hope of a better life! haha I know i didnt feel that way before but relief is coming. Anyways yesterday was my first day back to school. YES, i did carry a pillow and YES it was embarrassing but also comfy. So when you go back to school, dont be afraid to carry a pillow =P A lot of people were jealous and wanted to bring a pillow. haha Also i had a lot of questions to answer so be prepared for that too. I only went for a half day and had my four major classes. I'm trying to get caught up and i had homework both days unfortunately.

If anyone has any questions or just needs someone to reassure them of things just message me or ask it on this thread.
    -Marissa-
    28 degrees diagnosed summer '05
    boston brace? never wore it.
    (60 degrees) told surgery was needed.
    Pre-op = 67 degrees (5'2")
    Post-op = 24 degrees (5'4")
    FUSED *T3-L1*

Marissa, I just wanted to congratulate you on your great recovery.

Wouldn't the teachers give you the work to do while you were recovering at home?

My daughter was caught up in all her subjects except English IIRC by the time she returned to school.

Also, I arranged that she go to the library during gym period to do the catch-up work.

Take it easy.

sharon
    Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
    Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Originally posted by Pooka1 View Post
      Marissa, I just wanted to congratulate you on your great recovery.

Wouldn't the teachers give you the work to do while you were recovering at home?

My daughter was caught up in all her subjects except English IIRC by the time she returned to school.

Also, I arranged that she go to the library during gym period to do the catch-up work.

Take it easy.

sharon
      Thank you. Yeah i was kinda caught up but when my teacher stopped coming then i missed a few things and the homework was from what we were doing that day. Thats great that she was caught up and thats exactly what my gym teacher is going to let me do when i return full time.
      -Marissa-
      28 degrees diagnosed summer '05
      boston brace? never wore it.
      (60 degrees) told surgery was needed.
      Pre-op = 67 degrees (5'2")
      Post-op = 24 degrees (5'4")
      FUSED *T3-L1*

Comment

Working...
      X