Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back home again

Hi!
    Id just like to let everyone know that Im ok, and to say thank you for all yalls support. The experience was painful and still is but not as much, but my doctors did an excelent job. I dont remember the first 2 days very well except for screaming in pain having to be rolled over every 2 hours. Im back home and I can sit up on my own and Im going out tonight for the fist time since Ive been back. I was in the hospitol for a week, and by the last day I was ready to go home. Every day gets better and better, by Saturday I'm going over to a friends house for a while so the recovery has been hard but at a steady pace. If any one has any questions feel free to ask me, Id love to help!!!
    love!
    Annie

Congratulations on you successful surgery. Im glad that your recovery to date is going well. Getting out of the house afterwards is a big step but it is very important. I think the earlier that you can do it the better for you.
    I doubt that you know yet but don't forget to let us know what correction you got and how much taller you are.
    I hope everything keeps going smoothly for you.
    Best wishes.
    Cheryl.

Comment

I dont know my correction yet, but I went from 5'8" to almost 5'10". My boyfriend is 5'11" so thats good, Im not taller than him. I do weigh alot less, so none of my clothes fit, and I look annoexic. I weigh about 115, but it'll be fun gaining the weight back!
      Thanks!
      Annie

Comment

5'10" is a good height. Where did the fusion go to and from?
        Amber is having trouble gaining the weight back, let us know how you go with that. It's hard to feel hungry when you are not very active. Are you managing with everything at home ok?
        Best wishes.
        Cheryl.

Comment

Im having alot of trouble gaining weight back. My clothes dont fit. My fusion was at the top right under my neck about a foot down my back. Then they also went in anteriorly and theres a foot long curved shaped scar there. I heard my parents saying that it was corrected to 22 degrees for both curves which is good from 56 to begin with. Did any of you all have to wear a brace afterward? I hate mine with a passion because its so hot and bulky, and the average temperature here is 96 degrees.Did anyone get to wear a soft brace or were they hard like mine is. Also how long after the surgery did you have to wear it? This brace is causing me much turmoil and I just wanted to know if there were other bracing options. Thanks everyone!
          Much Love
          Annie

Comment

Amber didn't need to wear a brace. I hope you don't need it for too long. Your correction sounds good.
            Congratulations.
            Cheryl.

Comment

Annie
              Did you have an anterior and a posterior?

Comment

yes i did. it was very painful.
                Annie

Comment

Working...
                X