having pain 5 months post op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having pain 5 months post op

Hi everyone I have posted once about this already i have been having a lot of pain in my left hip and all along my lower back and my shoulder baldes there are no rods or screws in the places that hurt though.

I rang the doctor and he wanted me to go physio and also put me back on morphine, Tramadol and some other anti-inflamation drug which is stronger then ones on market so needed priscription, im taking all these two which affect your neavous system and other one also makes you sleepy and drowsey, so im not feeling myself lately.

I rang exeter about the physio cause i wasnt sure if i should do it or not.
    and she went and asked my surgeon and he also said no and i have to go back and see him for scans and that and if all that is ok then i can go ahead wiith the physio but he cant see me until the 19t November and until then i have to carry on wit pain killers, so its a long time to wait.

Just thought i would let you all know what is going on.

Angela
    x
    Angela, 25 England.
    75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
    Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
    Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
    May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Dear Angela-- I am so sorry for your pain and the long wait until you can see your surgeon. I know you must be feeling very anxious about it besides having to deal with the affects of the pain meds. Keep us posted. Sending hugs, Susie
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hi Angela,
      I am sorry about all of your pains. At about 7 months post op, I was getting pain between my shoulder blades and my PT gave me an exercise that helped. My guess is that the pain is caused by the muscles in the back getting used to their new positions. Exercise will help to strengthen the muscles, especially on the weaker side of your spine. I also get pain in my low back, right hip and legs from time to time. I think that pain is caused by the nerves as they are in the process of regeneration. It is important to keep moving, but not to the point of exhaustion. I hope you get relief soon. It's too bad you have to wait so long to see your Doctor. Sally
      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Thank you for the replis and thank you Sally that is a relief well for me im sorry you had pain as well, but i was thinking up until i read your post it was something terrible and now i am calm again and thinking it could just be that which would make sense cause of the new shape etc and im doing more and more at work although i have slowed down again now.

Both my doc and my surgeon both said if i ever get worried to just contact them because they are use to it even with the littliest of pain people have been known to contact them and that is within days of the op which is opv pain your going to get.
        I didnt want to annoy them or anything but in the end i had so many people onto me family and work friends saying i had to do something cause it got to the pint where i could hardly move, i listened to them just to get them to shut im, i was so afraid they would laugh and say well that pain is normal, and i thought i might be making a fuss out of nothing i dont like annoying people like that cause they have a lot worse cases then me.

But i did and now just wait and i guess i will have physio when i see him then.

Thank you again Sally and Susie

Angela
        xxx
        Angela, 25 England.
        75 curve top of spine, and getting worse slowly.
        Surgery on 21st May 2008. T3-L4
        Op went well 20ish degree curve now.
        May need op in 18 months to remove rods due to pain, but might calm down when bone graft has healed, less pain now, just some shoulder blade pain, and a cold spot in middle right of back.

Comment

Working...
        X