Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here that had scoliosis surgery in there 20's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Amanda,

I am 21 yrs old and had surgery on June 30th of this year. I was back taking college classes full time by the middle of August when they started up. I admit that at first it was hard to sit through classes, and I am taking a light load this semester (13 hours), but after about 2 weeks I felt a lot better and I am not having any trouble now. My campus is really large and has a lot of hills so I did use a handicap parking permit for a while so I didn't have to walk so far because I would get winded really fast walking up and down all the stairs on campus. For me, going back to class within about 6 weeks was do-able, but of course it depends on the person, how extensive of a surgery you are having, etc. You can PM me if you want!

Abbie
    aBbiE
    22 yr old F,KU college student
    Kyphoscoliosis...
    Scoliosis (25T, 23L) diagnosed @ 14 yrs old; curves June 08 were 45T, 32L with 18 degree rotation
    Kyphosis of 65 degrees...
    I am missing a lumbar vertebrae

Surgery 6/30/2008 with Dr. Lawrence Lenke
    Fused T2-L2

before/after pics
    all smiles!

Comment

I had surgery last December, at age 22, and half way through my masters program. It was hard for me to sit in one place long enough to sit through class for the first few months, and I definitely was short on energy. I'm happy to answer any questions you might have... I'm almost 1 year post-op and it (finally!) feels like a distant memory, but I do remember how hard the decision pre-op and recovery post-op were!
      2000 34*L/39*T
      2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
      (initially planned T4-L1)
      12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Working...
      X