Hello new here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello new here!

Hi I am new here and have a few questions. I had Harrington rods placed from top to bottom in 1989. I just had to have a piece at the ends of one of the rods removed in March of 2004. I now have right hip and leg pain(possible nerve damage as I was told). I just had a cortizone nerve block injection done yesterday at the hospital . I still have the pain. I was wondering if anyone here has the same or should I just face it and get a wheelchair! I can hardly walk! I am only 33 and I feel like 100. The ortho doctor who did the surgery turned me loose from his care and I am seeing a pain management doctor now. Any suggestions welcome?

wow

Hi,
    Sorry I can't help you but I just want to tell you not to throw in the towel yet....The only way to find out if you have nerve damage is to see a nurologist , onces that's established, try to get good pain management...if that doesn't work....and it's been a good amount of time for the healing of your last surgery..than U should see your ortho again....or try to find a more compassionate one if he doesn't listen to you.
    good luck
    CONNIE

Surgery June 28th 2004
    fused T4 -L3
    Hip graft
    Grown 1 1/2 inches
    25/o upper T 15/o
    53/o T 15/o
    37/o L 6/o
    Dr. Micheal Nuewirth
    New York City

August 6, 2004
    Pulmonary Embolism
    complication from surgery

January 2007 currently
    increasing pain at the T4/5
    point irratation heardwear

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks Connie for your encouragement. I have bounced back and forth between the ortho dr. and now the pain management dr. I have had numerous steroid shots, nerve blocks,etc. and nothing seems to work including the percocet I am taking!

Comment

how about!

Hi:

I just hate it when I hear that dr's give percs - ask about getting the Duragesic patches - they last 72 hrs and don't give the highs and lows of oral short term meds and don't have the caffeine and acetomeniphen. They work way better than any other pain med I have tried and I have tried most of them. Good luck and feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Nancy
        Nancy

Comment

pain relief

Hi there,

This may be a long shot, but I had unsuccessful steroid shots last year, and _nothing_ was helping my very bad low back and leg pain until my doctor put me on low-dose anti depressants which apparently have the side effect of relieving nerve pain. It might be worth asking the doc if that could work for you... it cut my pain in half within two weeks.

Connie, thanks _so much_ for the emails, I have been out of town but will be in touch soon to talk in person.

Laura
          30y/o
          Upper curve around 55
          Lower curve around 35

Comment

pain relief

p.s. I also had hip pain, and am 28 years old. If you want to email, feel free: lrmb24@hotmail.com

Take care. Laura
            30y/o
            Upper curve around 55
            Lower curve around 35

Comment

another idea

Hi all:

Here is another one a friend told me about - she is attending a pain clinic and they are saying that botox is being used for low back nerve pain - I don't know if it works but hey when you get to the point we are all at anything is worth looking in to.

Nancy
              Nancy

Comment

Working...
              X