No announcement yet.

New to forum. Boston vs. spinecor brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Christine, we also stayed at the Spring Suites, we all really liked it; we'd go back again. We ended up at the Botanical Gardens and rented Sedgeways; those were a blast! p

Comment

Thanx Pat
      we are going to go for it!!!!
      from CT, USA
      6 year old daughter diagnosed 7/06 33* T9

Spinecor 8/06 - 8/2012
      8/06 11* 3/07 5*-8/07 8*-2/08 3*
      10/08 1* 4/09 Still holding @ 1*
      10/09 11* OOB 4/10 Negative 6*
      10/2011 Neg.11* IB 11yrs old 0 rotation
      4/2012 12* OOB 0 rotation
      8/2012 18* OOB for 2 weeks. TSLO night time
      2/2013 8* OOB 3 days TSLO nightime
      3/2014 8* Out of Brace permanently

Comment

spinecor

my son is 14 and has a 32 degree curve in his thoracic he was getting fitted with a Boston brace until I talked to several people that has strongly urged me against it. One person in particular was a co-worker whose daughter went from a 40 to a 61 in a year and a half. You end up with muscle atrophy that seems to make it worse. I'm not a doctor and can't recommend what is best for people but we're going to Atlanta on Sept.17 to fit my son with the Spinecor. We were informed that after 40 degree even the Spinecor won't help. Me as a parent I want to try every other available option before I have to use a Boston brace or surgery. May God bless you in your endeavour and we'll pray for you but I went with my gut instinct and alot of prayer

Comment

I wish you both the best! We too felt Spinecor was the best option for bracing too. We too were concerned over muscle atrophy with the Boston Brace. We found out later that our daughter had other medical issue causing the curve, and were told by two doctors no brace would hold her rapid progressing curve, but we did what we felt best at the time. I hope all of you are successful with holding the curve. Best wishes tomorrow and later for you both!
          Shirley
          Mom to Amanda, 18, Scoliosis T58, previous Spinecor bracing for 9 months before diagnosed with Chiari I CM, and Syringomyelia (Syrinx) SM. CM/SM decompression surgery 12/4/06, Spinal fusion surgery with titanium rods and hardware and full correction 8/1/07 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children.

Also mom to Megan, 14, with diagnosis PDD-NOS on the autism spectrum

Comment

Working...
          X