Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not so good news today

Hi all,
    Just a bit of not so good news today. For the last 2 or 3 weeks my back in the lower lumbar area has been on fire an hurting about more than I can stand. Just found out why. I have a fast moving staff infection in my hardware. I go in at 7am tomorrow and they need to open me up and start scrubbing me out. They have no idea how far it has gone until they get in so I can only hope for the best. After I get on my feet a little more I will send along an update.
    Jess
    March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
    15 1/2 Hours
    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

How can that happen? Over two years since surgery?!!
    p

Comment

My last repair was July 21st this year. 7 weeks ago?
      15 1/2 Hours
      Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry; I just read your signature line.
        p

Comment

Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your staph infection. Those things can really sneak up on you. Hope your procedure goes smoothly and that you'll soon be on the road to recovery.... again! I'll be thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by JoAnn5 View Post
            Jess, I'm so sorry to hear about your staph infection. Those things can really sneak up on you. Hope your procedure goes smoothly and that you'll soon be on the road to recovery.... again! I'll be thinking of you.
            Thanks for your thoughts. This past surgery just doesn't seem to go away.
            15 1/2 Hours
            Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Oh damn! Sorry to hear that!

Keep us up to date on how it goes. I hope you get better soon!

Brad
              Surgeries July 26th & August 3rd 1983 (12 years old)
              Still have 57 degree curve
              2 Harrington rods
              Luque method used
              Dr David Bradford
              Twin Cities Scoliosis Center
              Preop xray (with brace on)
              Postop xray

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your staph infection. I also had MRSA and it was a bi**h to get rid of. I wish you the best of luck
                SandyC
                SandyC

Comment

Bummer!

Jess-- I'm so sorry to hear this! I'll be praying for you-- and that recovery from this will be quick. I'll be looking forward to your post when you're up to it. Hugs, Susie
                  71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                  2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                  5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                  Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                  CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                  10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. They (prayers) DO work.
                    Jess (backtalk)
                    Last edited by BackTalk; 09-11-2008, 07:31 PM.
                    15 1/2 Hours
                    Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Hi Jess,

I'm so sorry to hear this bad news. I will also be praying for you that the Doctors can get this cleared up for you very soon. Sally
                      Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                      Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                      Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                      Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                      New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                      Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Jess,

I'm so sorry you've gotten this news! I've never had staph but have had some mean infections (inc. a septic shock)...I know how frustrating it is, just when things start going well & you're well on the road to recovery! I have no doubt you have the strength to fight this fight & kick the staph's bum!!

Thinking of you, & wishing you a speedy, smooth recovery. Keep us posted when you can. :-)

Comment

Well I'm back an they opened me up and scrubbed me out. I have MRSA Staph. They installed a pic line and I go in for 1500 cc's of something once a day now to try and knock it down.
                          Again I want to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts. PLEASE don't stop. This has me scared to death.
                          Jess
                          15 1/2 Hours
                          Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

Jess-- thanks for the update. I'm glad you're feeling well enough that you could post. We'll continue to pray for you. How are you feeling? (As in how bad was this surgery?) Big hugs, Susie
                            71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                            2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                            5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                            Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                            CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                            10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Backtalk,
                              Sorry to hear about the MRSA. I had a pic line in for 3 months and was on Vancomycin (iv) and Riphmpin during that time. I would hook my own IV up at home, which was nice. Hang in there you'll get well, it may just take a bit longer
                              SandyC
                              SandyC

Comment

Working...
                              X