Serous Question??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serous Question??

I have recently been having popping in my back (surgery was done 3 weeks ago.) and today it started doing a strange thing. I feel like someone is cracking their knuckles inside me. It makes me feel nauseas every time it happens. Has anyone ever had this??? Should I contact my surgeon?
    Just keep looking up.

It's normal, but if you're worried, call your surgeon, hon.

It's most likely caused by muscles dragging over the hardware. If it's painful (what I described is not ... it almost feels like a normal back crack at times), have it checked out.

About 3 weeks post-op (when I started driving again) was when I first experienced this also. Definitely makes you nervous, but just remember anything serious will *usually* be accompanied by pain.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

Originally posted by iluvnickjonas94 View Post
      I have recently been having popping in my back (surgery was done 3 weeks ago.) and today it started doing a strange thing. I feel like someone is cracking their knuckles inside me. It makes me feel nauseas every time it happens. Has anyone ever had this??? Should I contact my surgeon?
      I wish I had some insight for you, but it sounds like Pam does. It's good to hear from you! How are you doing otherwise? Please let us know how you're feeling and in general how your recovery is going.

Mary Ellen

Comment

I had a cracking problem too, it sounded like it normally would if you cracked your back, but i had no pain, it just creaped me out, but when I went for my 3 months post op appointment the surgeon didnt say there was anything wrong with the Xrays, I'm sure it's nothing. But if your still unsure, call the surgeon.
        I'm 19 years old, had surgery 5 years ago
        3 curves Middle curve - 65 fused to 13 Bottom curve 35- fixed on it's own to 16!
        Fused from C7 to L1

Comment

Just wanted to add that my doctor said popping and cracking was normal too, but it never hurts to run it by your doctor to make sure it's the same thing and is ok.
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
          X