TLSO Brace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TLSO Brace

We just found out the end of July that our 11 year old daughter has scoliosis. She just got her brace one week ago and we're working her into it slowly. The last two nights she was supposed to sleep in for 8-10 hours, however, both nights at 2 AM she came to me and said she couldn't sleep due to being uncomfortable and rightly so. The orthotist said if it wakes her up to take it off and try again by loosening it. So, today I told her she needed to get some hours in it and she wore it to school today. Does anybody have any ideas of making them comfortable at night so they can sleep with it on? And how long does it take for them to get used to it. She is supposed to eventually wear it for 20-22 hours a day. Her curve is 42.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    Kim

Hi Kim,

Springdayzee's daughter Becca has had her brace since 13th August. She slept in it for the first time on 23rd.

Perhaps you could contact her by pm if she doesn't respond to this thread, I'm sure she has plenty of experience to pass on.

I'm sorry that I can't help; my daughter wears a Spinecor brace which is reasonably comfortable. She has slept in it since day 1.

Good luck,

Laura
    UK based Mum of Imogen, 38 degree curve at 9 years old. SpineCor since 15/6/07, 31 degrees in brace.
    10th December 07 - 27 degrees, 23rd June 08 - 26 degrees, Feb 09 - 24 degrees, Aug 09 - 35 degrees, Jul 10 - 47 degrees, Dec 10 - 50+ degrees.
    Surgery due to take place early December 2011 at the RNOH, England.

Comment

How is the brace going now? I know my 12 year old will do the same. We were just told she needs a TLSO brace.

Jennie

Comment

Working...
      X