No announcement yet.

Success with Spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since Danielle started this thread 12 months ago and we havent heard from her for 10 months I would be interested in how things are going now.
    Did you actually read the date Mamamax when this was started as reading your epic post I wonder if you did.

I do agree with Linda as forums such as this do influence our younger members and one should not post here things that are not known FACTS. None of us want these young ones to be led along the wrong paths or get their hopes up for nothing. It has happened in the past we all know that, and that is really what worries me, and disturbs me. Thankyou Linda for keeping such a close eye on all of this.

Regards
    Macky x
    Operation 1966, Fused from T4 to L3, had Harrington rods inserted. Originally had an 85 degree Thoracic curve with lumbar scoliosis as well but had a good correction.
    Perfectly normal life till 1997 but now in a lot of pain daily. Consider myself very fortunate though.

Comment

Joy

Originally posted by concerned dad View Post
      Pam asked in another thread

There is a difference between being a shill and being an enthusiastic customer. I was the first of my friends who got a cable modem for internet. My friends were all still on dial-up. I raved about my fast connection and how wonderful the cable modem technology was. I wanted to tell everyone about it. Mrs CD said I sounded like a cable modem salesman. I wasn’t, I just discovered a good thing and wanted to share it. How many people here weigh the information contained in user reviews on Amazon before you buy something. I read them; the good and the bad, and then I make up my own mind.

I’m not saying that addressing miss-statements (12 rods and 24 screws) or zealous claims (adult curve correction) is wrong. I just think it can be done with a bit more civility. This young woman had something to add and she was chased away. This forum is the worse for it, not the better.

Danielle pleads in her last post

Do we know that she is not Dr Deutchman pretending to be an ice skater scoliosis patient? No, but you don’t know that I’m a concerned dad. Let’s give folks the benefit of the doubt. You could have helped educate her and she could have helped educate us.

And, by the way, it looks to me like Danielle is real, her post is real, her results are real (at least she thinks they are) and she is not a liar. I suppose she could be a paid actor, but I like to believe in the goodness of humanity (noticeably present on the surgery threads but largely absent on the non-surgical threads).

You tube testamonial
      Just want to reply by saying that you CD, are one amazing - truly appreciated man and valued forum leader. Thank you for your ever watchful eye, words of wisdom & most valuable, well educated, un-biased input - throughout the entire forum

Watched the video - Go Danielle!!!!
      Last edited by mamamax; 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

The logarithm to calculate cobbs angle on digital xrays is, IMO, fool proof. it can be as simple as having two perpendicular lines drawn from the 'input' lines and letting the two intersect, than figuring out that the interacted angle is. There is no margin of error with the logarithm itself.

However, there can be lots of variables with the 'input' which basically makes having measurements in the tenths and hundreds all just a big nothing. I use a program at work which has a cobbs-angle plug in and it measures to the hundredths, and have played with it. All it take is moving one end point of one of the 'input' lines a little over and the measurement can change a lot. I've been able to match my ortho's measurements so i know the 'correct' way or rather the 'control' in my little experiment and what lookes like a good input resulted in a degree measurements that didn't match my ortho's.

In my experience(i work a lot with radiology files... well, used to, not much nowdays), digital measuring doesn't result in better accuracy other than the ability to give us a measurements in smaller increments. Someone still has to input some variables for the these cobbs-angle measuring plug-in/softwares to calculate from. it's the input where the error originates from. The error can also come from just how we were standing... maybe slightly differently than usual, time of the day, x-ray tech insisting on positioning you 'correctly' (um, dude, no, don't make me straight!)..ect.
        Last edited by green m&m; 04-23-2009, 12:54 AM.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

Interesting analysis green m&m,
          I agree with everything you say, I guess I might differ with you on the issue of

Originally posted by green m&m View Post
          digital measuring doesn't result in better accuracy other than the ability to give us a measurements in smaller increments.
          I think the ability to digitally zoom and adjust contrast would provide an improvement over manual measuring.
          edit: rereadind what I said (and what you said) it looks like we said pretty much the same thing.

also mamamax, you say regarding Danielle
          am delighted to see your return
          She didnt return, I replied to her old thread. I think we jumped to the wrong conclusion about her and wanted to post the link to her youtube comments.

Comment

Sometimes when I research

Late into the night

I do not always get

Every detail right

Thanks CD – I did realize you were quoting from an older thread (and should have mentioned that – late night, sorry).

Using the forum features (search for all postings by a member) – D appears to have only seven posts at NSF, as of this date.

Anyway, do see yours in her two postings in 2008 where she hopes to share her experience, and other responses to her. Thank you for clarifying yours (then), here in this thread. Reference: page 220, posting #3,299 – one active thread. http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...4533#post64533

Since those postings … she has been absent from posting. No doubt heavily involved in ice skating career and competitions. In any event, she has returned from long absence .. and I am grateful for it! I hope she will have time to post more for us as I look to her, and other Spinecor patients as I progress through my own treatment protocol.

Again – good video Danielle … that takes bravery too, you did well – animated, friendly, informative – hope to join you soon!

Last edited by mamamax; 04-23-2009, 09:23 PM.

Comment

To Danielle ~

Hope you have seen: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8765

I hope you will return - many here would like to continue to hear from you.

And hope that you will visit me here:

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8759
              Last edited by mamamax; 04-24-2009, 06:32 PM.

Comment

how do you pm on here?

Mamamax, if it's ok with you I'd like to speak w/you off the forum...too much criticism on here for me! how do I go about doing that?

Comment

Hi Michelle - mouse over my name (and click) then select - send a private message to mamamax

That is using a track pad on a laptop ... not sure about other meeces

Believe private emails can hold only up to shy of 1,000 characters (?) - some folks have sent me messages in three parts (titled 1, 2, 3).

Look to hear from you - and have noticed, no flames since Joe O'Brien (President of NSF) has posted: Setting The Record Straight, found here: http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8765

.. not in the adult 18+ bracing forum at least, outside of his posting (thanks again Joe!)
                  Last edited by mamamax; 04-24-2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

what's with the mean vibe on the first couple of pages?Thats great that the brace worked for you. Don't get mad at other people who read you post everyones entitled to an opinon + and people are going to think and say things no matter what. Its great that it helped you but for many people a brace won't work. I was past the point of any brace helping me and I loved ballet. However if my back weren't fixed it would have collapsed my left lung. I had surgery and won't be able to do certain ballet moves because of flexibility loss. But hey there's plenty I want to do that has nothing to do with ballet. Good luck to you + your iceskating career. And its 2 rod by the way I know because I'm one of many that have them.

Comment

Working...
                    X