Info on Dr. David Clements?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Dr. David Clements?

Anyone have any experience with Dr. David Clements from NJ? He also is at Shriners in Philadelphia. I know all the surgeons at Shriners are known to be good; I'd just like to hear from someone--or the parent of someone--whose fusion surgery he did. Thanks.

Seeking Dr in Greeneville, TN

Hello All:

I've been corresponding with a young later who is 25 from Greeneville, TN and seeking a doctor referral to have her scoliosis evaluated. She was diagnosed at a very early age, but never had any treatment for it and she's now experiencing some problems and wants to seek an opinion but doesn't have any ideas whom to turn to. Anyone with any suggestions etc., I know she is willing to travel a little bit, but I'm in Maryland and don't really know the TN area at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always,

LJ

8mos post-op L4-sacrum (2008)

Comment

I had seen Dr Clements about 11 years ago when he was with Temple University Hospital. He was very personable. My problem with him was that the Dr report he sent to my primary Dr was completely different then what we went over in the office (this I found out many years later, and could have been a clerical error). My current Dr dictates his report in front of me and pauses often to ask if I'm in agreement with what he's recording. Dr. Clements also read my x-ray report wrong and said my one curve had lessened by 8* when it had really progressed by 20*. He never brought up the option of surgery even though I was above 50*. Considering he is now (as I understand) head of orthopaedics at Cooper I would hope these types of errors have improved, as he has now been in practice a bit longer now. I hope this is helpful, and just letting you know about my experience with him (maybe I was not the norm). Good luck.
      2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
      surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
      Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
      5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
      5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
      6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
      (left open with just clear dressing)
      6/6/08 recleaned and closed
      3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Originally posted by dealornodeal View Post
        Hello All:

I've been corresponding with a young later who is 25 from Greeneville, TN and seeking a doctor referral to have her scoliosis evaluated. She was diagnosed at a very early age, but never had any treatment for it and she's now experiencing some problems and wants to seek an opinion but doesn't have any ideas whom to turn to. Anyone with any suggestions etc., I know she is willing to travel a little bit, but I'm in Maryland and don't really know the TN area at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks as always,

LJ

8mos post-op L4-sacrum (2008)
        I have heard of a Dr. Richard Pierce, an orthopedic surgeon at Spinal Associates (I believe in Knoxville, or if not, Chattanooga)--a friend who is an orthotist once told me that if she ever needed spinal surgery she would rely on him. She even gave me his number, which I happened to still have: 423-756-6623. I have no experience with him and am not endorsing him, but he might be a place to start.

Comment

TN Dr. Needed

Originally posted by WNCmom View Post
          I have heard of a Dr. Richard Pierce, an orthopedic surgeon at Spinal Associates (I believe in Knoxville, or if not, Chattanooga)--a friend who is an orthotist once told me that if she ever needed spinal surgery she would rely on him. She even gave me his number, which I happened to still have: 423-756-6623. I have no experience with him and am not endorsing him, but he might be a place to start.

Thanks so much WNCMom, greatly appreciate the feedback, It will give her a place to start, she really seems to not be sure where to start.

Thanks Again, LJ

Comment

Dr. Clements

I also have heard of something similar to what you encountered with Dr Clements. My neighbor took her daughter to him, in his private practice in CH, NJ, & she was very disappointed with the inconsistency in measuring her curves & being off by up to 20 degrees in either direction. My suggestion.... get other opinions before making any major decisions.
            Martha
            Mother of Laura, Age 19
            Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
            Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
            Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
            Fused T2-L2
            Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
            Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
            Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
            OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
            X