Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Lesions on spine?

Hello,

My son Samuel is 3 years old and was diagnosed with congenital scoliosis when he was just a few months old. To date his curve, which is limited to a neck tilt (he is a hemi-vertabrae) has not progressed.

Just recently I started noticing what looked like a small oval skin scab/lesion? (1cm) that would appear and disappear on his spine about mid-way on his back. At first I thought he had scratched himself on the back, but the lesion? has reappeared in about the same area.

We have his next scoliosis check-up in Oct, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced any similar symptoms with their children and whether it should be anything to be concerned about.

Thank you.

hello

hello. my name is val. i may have something that will help you on this. what you are looking for, is possibly on this. i did some searching. please let me know if it helps.

http://journals.aol.com/patoco2/Fung...art-three/1207
    Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
    I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
    My curves were 30 and 31
    I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
    I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
    I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
    I want to meet some new people on this forum!
    Don't be shy...
    Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

It's not real likely, but you may want to have them run an MRI on the area of your child's spine below this recurring lesion. It's possible, but not real likely that she may have a minor problem under the skin with her spine that could lead to Spina Bifida Oculta. Don't freak out as it's not the same as Spina Bifida, or you would know about it already as she would probably have been paralyzed at birth.

Comment

Working...
      X