Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird rash along my spine?

Hi everybody,

Here recently I discovered a very strange rash along my spine. It doesn't itch at all, and it's nowhere else on my body. I'm a little worried about it. And I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but right where my rods are, my back has this "popping sensation." I swear, it feels like my back pops constantly. And I've also been dealing with some moderate pain. What's up with that? Has anybody else discovered some type of rash on their back after surgery along with pain? I'm just curious about all this... I hope I don't sound like a hypochondriac

thanks everyone!
    [[hailey]]

16 years old
    Had spinal fusion surgery on Jan. 30th, 2008 with Dr. Howard King at St. Luke's Children's Hospital in Boise
    Pre surgery: 52º Lumbar curve and 25º Thoracic curve

Hi Hailey...

It seems to me that the rash could be an indication of an infection or of an allergy. I think it would be a good idea to contact your doctor's office to see if they want to see you before your next scheduled appointment.

Regards,
    Linda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Hmmm well I had my surgery in June of this year, and I find that my around my scar is just kinda like dry skin and a little itchy.
      So I often ask my mom or dad to put lotion on it.
      17 years old - Female - Canada
      Had fusion surgery June 26th, 2008
      Feel free to ask me ANY questions about my experience!

Comment

About a month ago, I noticed that my daughter had some spotted, darker skin right along the side of her scar - her surgery was in December. I've been pretty anal about making sure she slathers with sunscreen whenever she's out in the sun with her back exposed. When I saw the spots, I came to the conclusion that the spots were a result of either being in the sun too much and her skin was damaged or she was developing some sort of a reaction to the rods and was beginning to worry. Well more recently, she noticed that the "spots" actually could come off.. Turns out, it was just dirty skin! She's been so afraid to touch the area of her scar that I don't think she was properly washing her back. So once I gave her a soft sponge and a little bit of baby oil, all those dark spots came right off.

Comment

Ha ha ha!

Karen-- your post made my day! I will be laughing for awhile!!! Some of our worries are SOOOOO unfounded! It's so good to read something like this. Thanks for sharing! Susie
          71 and plugging along... but having some problems
          2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
          5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
          Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
          CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
          10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
          X