Doctor in New Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor in New Jersey

I'm looking for a doctor in New Jersey or NYC area. Any recommendations?

Are you looking for a pediatric or adult spine surgeon?
    Martha
    Mother of Laura, Age 19
    Diagnosed with S curve at Age 13 (49*T/32*L)
    Wore brace for one year (Wilmington Jacket)
    Posterior spinal fusion on April 17, '08 with Dr. Flynn at CHOP (Age 16)
    Fused T2-L2
    Pre-op curves: 41*UT/66*T/34*L
    Post-op curves: 14*UT/19*T/19*L
    Note: At 1 yr. post-op appt, UNFUSED lumbar curve improved to 14*!!
    OK to email me at: malka22@comcast.net

Comment

Well, if you're looking for a pediatric spine surgeon, I would suggest Dr. Samuel Laufer at Pediatric Orthopedic Associates. They have offices in both East Brunswick, NJ and Little Silver, NJ. He is a great, and very experienced doctor, and I felt very comfortable with him doing my surgery. He does his surgeries in the children's hospital at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, which is one of the best (if not the best) hospital in the state. There's also a surgeon, Dr. Lawrence Stankovits, who also did my surgery and he was also an excellent doctor. He used to be at Pediatric Orthopedic Associates but is no longer there, so I'm not quite sure where he is at now. I know he is in practice somewhere in the area, though (maybe Shrewsbury?).

If you're looking for an adult orthopedic surgeon, I'm not completely sure. I'm going to say not to go to Edison-Metuchen Orthopaedic Group, though. One of the doctors there had a terrible bedside manner and was just extremely unhelpful.

And of course, I'm sure there are plenty of options if you venture into NYC. Good luck!
      Last edited by danceISlife; 08-16-2008, 12:42 AM.
      Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

If you are looking for a pediatric spine surgeon and you would be willing to travel to Philadelphia, I'd recommend Dr. Betz or anyone on his staff at Shriners Hospital. We travel from NYC to go there (and have been doing so for nearly five years) - they're EXCELLENT.
        Last edited by mariaf; 08-18-2008, 08:42 AM.
        mariaf305@yahoo.com
        Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
        Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Originally posted by malka22 View Post
          Are you looking for a pediatric or adult spine surgeon?
          I'm hoping to find a physical therapist that specilizes in scoliosis. Any recommendations?

Comment

I noticed that Marian Wade is listed as being a Schroth-certified P.T. on this website. I bet that she would be a great contact and probably knows every P.T. in your area who has significant experience with scoliosis.
            MARIAN WADE
            NEW YORK, NY.
            212-866-0648
            CMJWADE@EMAIL.MSN.CO

Comment

Originally posted by gardenjen View Post
              I noticed that Marian Wade is listed as being a Schroth-certified P.T. on this website. I bet that she would be a great contact and probably knows every P.T. in your area who has significant experience with scoliosis.
              MARIAN WADE
              NEW YORK, NY.
              212-866-0648
              CMJWADE@EMAIL.MSN.CO
              Thanks GardenJen!

Comment

Working...
              X