No announcement yet.

Funny scoliosis stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha, yeah. i was at camp and at night i would go and put my brace on after everyone was asleep b/c i didn't want people to see it. one night, i went to put it on and the velcro was really really loud, and i was doing it really slowly, and someone woke up and was like, what the heck are you doing? i was like, i'm putting my brace on, go to sleep!! haha, it was one of those had to be there moments....
    braceyourself.

Comment

Okay, so my story is kind of different because it's about my surgery. So...

It was the day after my surgery, and I was really out of it on pain meds and was basically going in and out of consciousness. Apparently I asked for my cell phone (and for some reason, my parents gave it to me...I have no clue why, I mean, I surely didn't look like I was in a state to call someone) and called three of my friends. Said some really weird things, but they won't tell me what! Lol. The only thing I remember is my friend Erin saying, "Nikki, you sound really drugged up right now." And I was like, "I know, it's really great!" Lol, I was just thankful to have some relief from the pain but it totally came out wrong.
      Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

another story

here's another story for you to enjoy!
        i had a cookout, and my friend, and 3 cousins, uncle, aunt, mom, and dad were there. the kids were playing in the backyard, so i went to make sure they didn't get into any trouble. my cousin is the cutest little boy, and he is 6yrs. old!
        they were playing like wrestlers, and he came up to me and slapped me in the stomach about 3 or 4 times, and slapped with less and less force each time, and slapped even slower each and every time, and said, "wait a minute. what IS THAT? you are hard!" i told him it was my "wrestling" suit.
        he went CRAZY!
        this is all that he said:
        "i want one! i love to wrestle and i HATE to get hurt! i always get scrapes and bruises! quick, lets go to wal*mart! maybe they are on sale! tell uncle jeff to take us there!!!"
        i told him it was alot of money. like $515.
        he said:
        "i don't care! i'll pay you back! please??????????please???pretty please???"
        i told him "no", and he always wears it when he comes over now! he calls it his "cool friend". haahaa it's halarious how he treats that thing.
        Last edited by sparklegirl59; 08-06-2008, 10:57 AM.
        Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
        I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
        My curves were 30 and 31
        I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
        I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
        I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
        I want to meet some new people on this forum!
        Don't be shy...
        Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

just 1 more story

i was on a class trip, and it was pool time, and we were at a hotel in kentucky getting ready and putting our bathing suits on.
          i didn't want anyone to know i had to wear the brace, so i went and hid in the closet in the very corner trying to take my brace off and change into my bathing suit. my friend that knew about it already, came into the closet, to ask if i needed any help. i told her "no, i'm okay, thanks tho."
          i was taking the brace off, and it was really loud, so a girl in my class came by the closet right after it was off, and my clothes were laying over it. so she didn't notice it was there. she barged in! i already had my bathing suit on, and she looked in with a puzzled face and shut the door again. the only thing i heard her yell to the whole entire class AND hotel with some cute boys there, was, "val and katherine are having a farting party in the closet!!!!!!!!!!!"
          i was so mad. but now, it's actually really funny! you just had to be there!
          Last edited by sparklegirl59; 08-06-2008, 10:56 AM.
          Valerie

Hi, my name is Valerie, but you can call me Val or V.
          I wore a Boston Brace from 2007-2010
          My curves were 30 and 31
          I now have only a single curve which stands at 35 degrees.
          I owe all of my blessings to The Lord!
          I am very thankful with where my spine is at right now.
          I want to meet some new people on this forum!
          Don't be shy...
          Feel free to message me if you would like to chat!

Comment

I have a post-op hospital story that I think is pretty funny.

It was the first day that my physical therapy torturers got me out of bed. I had made it into a chair, and had been sitting up for about 10 minutes, when I started to feel really nauseous. I told the nurse that I was going to puke, and she just told me that It would pass, and to try to take some deep breaths. I told her I was serious and that I needed a bucket asap. She still didn't believe me, and was still standing in front of me telling me to relax and take a deep breath when I puked on her. All the other nurses must of heard the story, because no one questioned me about it when I said I felt nauseous after that.
            Fused T2-L3 in March, 2000
            Hardware removed April 2003
            Living a full, active life almost 9 years later.
            Decided against thoracoplasty and revision to correct crankshafting and cervical kyphosis because right now a few more curves don't bother me enough to warrant more surgery.

Comment

my funny story

hey guys!

i was at my play this spring + some of the other cast members didnt know that i had a brace (its a boston brace). one of my friends from the play in the fall thought it might b a good idea if we tell them to punch me and "make me feel pain" through my brace.

the others were obsessing over my brace + one of them had me against the wall. the director came to where i was cornered + yelled "YOU'RE NOT ALLOW TO KILL THE CAST MEMBERS!!!"

we were all cracking up bcuz i said i was vibrating (honestly, the blows did cause me to) and when the kid was about to punch, some others put their hand on my sides to see if i was right.

the week before that, i took of my brace during dress rehersal + i was carrying it around. my crush (who was in lights + sound crew) came up to me and asked "what the h@#l is that thing. i said it was my suit of armor (breastplate and tasset) random people were even laughing at that

i just thought i would share!

~*Hannah*~
              Hey guys!
              My name is Hannah, I'm 14 years old, and I had a spinal fusion on 8/27/09
              I feel great now!
              Pre-op = 28T and 45L
              Post-op = 18T and 22L

Comment

Funny story

When I was going to get my brace the person that was making it for me said because my mom asked if any brace ever broke she said " No, but there was one time when the person really didn't want to wear the brace and ran over it with a car!" I started laughing and then back to the brace worrying part.
                SmileyGirl8
                T30
                Got my brace on March 21,2009
                Age 12
                <3

Comment

Working...
                X