Nathans Hot Dog contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nathans Hot Dog contest

Today, the Nathans Hot Dog Eating Contest was broadcast from Coney Island in Brooklyn, NYC. I could hardly believe my ears/eyes but one of the contestants is a spine surgeon (that's what he calls himself) from either Tenn. or S.C.. I don't remember the name because I was in such shock as he was parading on the stage for his intro.. Granted, the whole thing is meant to be "over the top" but you just don't expect to see someone in his profession up there. He was also a body builder, dark hair and around 30 something in age. NOT hard to look at but then neither is my doc and I'm quite sure he doesn't enter eating contests!!!

No, he didn't win. They had to have an overtime, sudden death match between the two top finishers that tied at 59 hotdogs and buns in 10 minutes. The guy who won last year beat the winner from two years ago.
    Last edited by dalmatica; 07-04-2008, 04:25 PM.

I'm reminded often that doctors are just people, who have real lives, who put their pants on one leg at a time, are brothers/sisters, children, parents, etc.

Here's an article:

http://www.dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...WS01/807040324
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

The article ... ugh

59 hot dogs are truly ~disturbing~, but ANY number of Krystal burgers (as food material) is just *wrong* if you aren't on Bourbon Street at 4 a.m. after FAR too many Pat O's Hurricanes!!

Pam
      Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
      AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
      Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
      Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
      EMAIL ME

Comment

Aaaaah.

I can't believe I forgot to watch! My boy wins again!

Hopefully I can catch a rerun this weekend.

pc

Comment

Working...
        X