Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Cleveland Clinic, Ohio

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any insight into the Cleveland Clinic as far as scoliosis doctors are concerned??

Thanks.
    Scolimich in Michigan

Hi!....did you ever get an answer about Cleveland Clinic? I am in Cleveland and am looking for the best doctor for Adult Scoli. Any help would be great!
    Thank you!
    Laura
    Laura
    62 degrees
    49 yrs. young
    Surgery 3/31/10 with Lenke

Before and After pics
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/13749126@N06/

Comment

Originally posted by scolimich View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have any insight into the Cleveland Clinic as far as scoliosis doctors are concerned??

Thanks.
      Scolimich in Michigan
      Hi!...I just made an appt. with Dr. Orr at the Cleveland Clinic. He was recommended by a very reputable dr. (Dr. Isadore Lieberman) that used to be at the Cleveland Clinic, but is now in Florida. I have an appt. with him 3/10/09. Did you learn anything more about him yet???

Laura
      Laura
      62 degrees
      49 yrs. young

Before and After pics

Comment

Radiogirl ????

Curious how your appt with Dr. Orr went.

I am trying to get info on some surgeons in my area. Cleveland or Columbus, Ohio is where I am hoping to go.

I had Harrington rod in 79, and have been having severe lower lumbar pain that has been getting worse and worse.

Like everyone else here, I'm terrified, but I want this pain to end.

I have no idea how to choose a surgeon. Hope you check in soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Carla's Back View Post
          Radiogirl ????

Curious how your appt with Dr. Orr went.

I am trying to get info on some surgeons in my area. Cleveland or Columbus, Ohio is where I am hoping to go.

I had Harrington rod in 79, and have been having severe lower lumbar pain that has been getting worse and worse.

Like everyone else here, I'm terrified, but I want this pain to end.

I have no idea how to choose a surgeon. Hope you check in soon.
          Hi there neighbor!

I live in the Columbus area and am pondering surgery. My doctor was referred to me by a friend whose daughter had the surgery and they are very happy with the results. He's the only one I've seen though and I liked him. I also feel the responsible thing is to keep researching so I've been thinking about looking into the Cleveland Clinic. So I guess I'd also want to hear about this Dr. Orr! My doctor's name is Derek Snook. Is he anyone else's doctor?
          Carmen

Comment

Search for surgeons

This forum deals with complex cases and is a good source for searching doctors:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Flatback_Revised/
            Original scoliosis surgery 1956 T-4 to L-2 ~100 degree thoracic (triple)curves at age 14. NO hardware-lost correction.
            Anterior/posterior revision T-4 to Sacrum in 2002, age 60, by Dr. Boachie-Adjei @Hospital for Special Surgery, NY = 50% correction

Comment

Just wanted to drop in...I'm going to see Dr. Daryl Sybert at Mt. Carmel Hospital in Columbus, OH. He is also an assoc. at New Albany Spine Hospital.
              His credentials seem up to the task, but we'll see.

I just want to know what I'm dealing with here.

Almost 30 yrs after Harrington Rod installed. Let's hope

Comment

I had my Scoliosis surgergy 30 years ago at U.H. which is right next door to Cleveland Clinic, Dr. Cristopher Fuery is his name...

Comment

Dr. Christopher Fuery...did you like him? I consulted with him, but didn't "feel the love".
                  Laura
                  62 degrees
                  49 yrs. young

Before and After pics

Comment

Carla's Back....Went to see Dr. Orr, but he said I should "wait and see". I went to Dr. Lenke in St. Louis...waaaay farther than I wanted to go...but he is who all the other doctors call the "guru" of scoliosis surgery! I scheduled my surgery with Dr. Lenke in St. Louis next May..(first time he could take me!)

What did you finally decide???
                    Laura
                    62 degrees
                    49 yrs. young

Before and After pics

Comment

If you haven't already found a doctor, I had my surgery in Ohio also. I went with Dr. Paul Pagano of the Youngstown Orthopedic Associates. He did an unbelievable correction on my back. Went from 90* to 23*. So far I have had a pretty good recovery. I would recommend this doctor to any others looking to have surgery in Ohio.
                      Leanna
                      32 yrs. old
                      surgery scheduled for 06/18/10
                      90* pre-op
                      23* post-op

Comment

Working...
                      X