IVC Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IVC Screen

In between my a/p surgeries which were done on a Mon. and Fri., the vascular doctor who did the exposure on Monday decided that and IVC Screen should be placed in the event I threw a clot in my legs. They also gave me Heparin in the stomach also. It is now 8 weeks post-op for everything and I just saw the vascular guy yesterday and he insists on taking the screen out next week. He gave me the pro's and con's of leaving it in vs. taking it out and I understand. Only problem is that he said that there may be scar tissue around it by now and he won't be able to retrieve it.

It is a real easy procedure (compared to the gigantic experience I had in April). They use a local and also Versed and go in through your neck to your vena cava and get it. The secretary told me it should only take a half hour. Any of you had this done??? Krysi

Hi Krysi...

I haven't, but I did have a central line placed while I was awake and unmedicated. I suspect they're fairly similar. It was wierd, but totally painless.

Good luck.

Regards,
    LInda
    Never argue with an idiot. They always drag you down to their level, and then they beat you with experience. --Twain
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Surgery 2/10/93 A/P fusion T4-L3
    Surgery 1/20/11 A/P fusion L2-sacrum w/pelvic fixation

Comment

Working...
    X