Spinecor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinecor

Okay, I have a boston brace, and It's sucking away my life and my last few months of childhood! (6 more months till I'm 13) There has just got to be some other way, there always is. In Texas I cant do what I love most, being outside, it is to hot! Is the spinecor shown to have made patients go in for fusion? I can't deal with it anymore, not in summertime or school, it hurts when I sit. Which I did alot of during keyboarding class in summer school. I also get extremely itchy during the night and have to put on baby powder (smells like a hospital), which only works about an hour, I cant do that at school. My parents aren't very helpful. The brace has also givin me this rash, which looks like little red bumps, I can't do it!

Originally posted by wildlifehays
    Okay, I have a boston brace, and It's sucking away my life and my last few months of childhood! (6 more months till I'm 13) There has just got to be some other way, there always is. In Texas I cant do what I love most, being outside, it is to hot! Is the spinecor shown to have made patients go in for fusion? I can't deal with it anymore, not in summertime or school, it hurts when I sit. Which I did alot of during keyboarding class in summer school. I also get extremely itchy during the night and have to put on baby powder (smells like a hospital), which only works about an hour, I cant do that at school. My parents aren't very helpful. The brace has also givin me this rash, which looks like little red bumps, I can't do it!
    I wore a Boston brace in HOUSTON for a year and a half - at age 10/11 - and you CAN do it.

In no way am I saying it *doesn't* blow, but it's doable. Yes, I know it's 100°+ almost every day (and we're only in June) ... it's near 100° humidity every day here too.

You have 6 months left, and it is NOT stealing your life. What I'm saying to you may sound mean, but if 6 remaining months in a Boston is the worst thing that crosses your path in life, you'll be a lucky person.

Stick it out.

I wish *I* had - and I'll never know whether it would have changed my outcome.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Comment

I live in AGGIE LAND (go aggs) so I guess it is doable. I get almost the same weather as you, because college station is only about 2 hrs away. Srry I am being a little complainy but I am getting used to it a little.

Comment

i get a little red bumpy rash too. its probably just heat rash. theres not much you can do about it though. good luck!!

I'm bringing curvy back

Comment

Originally posted by wildlifehays View Post
          Hi,

Well I realize that it is two months after you posted but I thought I would respond. My daughter has been in the Spinecor brace for 6 weeks now. She is doing fine with it. It is still hot and uncomfortable at times but her Dr. and ortho said it is not as bad as the plastic braces would be for being hot. Maybe you can ask your ortho or Dr. at your next appt. if the Spinecor brace is an option, that is what I did for my daughter. It took a bit of work to get it approved but we got it. Good luck and at least summer is almost over.

Comment

Working...
          X