muscle pain from rods???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscle pain from rods???

I'm trying to find out if anyone suffered from the rods and screws irritating their muscles to the point where you are in constant pain. I am 48 and had the rods implanted in March of 2001. I had an additional surgery in Sept. 2001 to flush out bacteria on a screw in the lower back area, went home on IV antiobiotic therapy for a month and then oral therapy for 2 mos. In Jan 2002 it was found that an infection had eaten 2 vertabre from the inside out and I had another surgery in March 2002 to repair the damage. The rods had to be extended to make me more stable and I had a lot of nerve damage. Now 2 years later, after months of physical therapy my doctor believes that the muscles in my lower back and buttocks are irritated by the rods and that removing them could relieve a good part of my pain. Needless to say I am afraid to have another surgery and risk another infection.

If anyone has had rods removed for this reason please let me know if it helped and how long was the recovery. Thanks!

I had part of one of my rods removed in September 03 because of severe muscle pain in my upper right shoulder. They had only been in since Jan 02. I had several bursaes growing around the screws whicch didnt help the matter.
    Alison
    Upper 98
    Lower 96
    3 surgeries Jan 02' Mar 02 & Sept 03'

Comment

Working...
    X