Dr. Lawrence Stankovits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Lawrence Stankovits

I was wondering if anyone else on here goes to see Dr. Stankovits in NJ. My friend, who also goes to him, was supposed to have an appointment with him tomorrow and found out that yesterday he left the practice. No one there is saying why and I'm just really shocked, I don't know what to say. I thought that he was a great doctor and I has such a successful surgery with amazing correction. He really seemed to care about his patients and had a great bedside manner and all, and I really don't know how he could just leave without warning. I at least thought that he would warn the practice and/or his patients ahead of time. *sigh* Just when you find a doctor you like...I'm at least thankful that I had my surgery performed by him before he did leave. But still. Anyway, if anyone finds out any information as to why he left and if he is joining another practice somewhere in the state it would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone!
    Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Where did you see him? I'm in NJ, and I see that he was at Pediatric Orthopedic Associates, which is in East Brunswick and Little Silver.

My 2 boys have seen Dr. Laufer, who is also at that practice, and who is wonderful. I've been told by heath care professionals locally that he is the best scoliosis guy in the local area. As a matter of fact, I'm bringing my 8 year old daughter to see him on Monday as well.

I would also assume that you will probably receive a letter saying that he has left.

Good luck,

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
    Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
    Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
    Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
    Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Yup, we've been seeing him at his office in East Brunswick. I would also think that they would send us a letter or something, but so far they haven't. My mom called and said that the receptionists and even his assistant were surprised and said they didn't expect him to quit, though I don't know if they were just saying that or something. Anyway, I guess the good thing is that I found out today that I am being transferred as a patient of Dr. Laufer. He actually operated on me with Dr. Stankovits when I had my surgery and is very, very good so I am happy about that. I did meet him once, too, and he was really nice.
      But still, I would like to know why Dr. Stankovits left...
      Nicole//18 years old, college sophomore//50 degree thoracolumbar curve//Posterior Spinal Fusion in 2008, Fused T5 to L3

Comment

Working...
      X