Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Scoliosis Blog

Hi my old buddies,

It's been almost 3 1/2 months since Elysia's scoliosis surgery and everything is going really well!!! You wouldn't even be able to tell that she had the surgery!!!
    She had a bad fall on Saturday and I like many Scolio Mothers out there went into melt down as you ask about pain in the back, never mind that bleeding knee, how's your back!!!!!!! I nearly needed spinal surgery myself on Sunday, as was rushing into our local Grocery store for a loaf of bread and turned to say hi to someone and slipped and stacked it big time, sending my head into a shelf full of Nanna's homemade pasta sauce!!! Never mind MY bleeding knee, my head and neck took such a whallop, it wasn't funny - except to the aisle full of Sunday shoppers who really had a story to tell over their arvo coffee!!! Andy, can we have a Bucket, mop and a stretcher to Aisle 5!!!!!!

I'm not online much these days as so many can attest to the problems of internet addiction, especially with our young teenagers. My elder daughter is studying for her final exams and has such an addiction for the net that I have to lead by example and not be on too much!!!!

Since there's not much in the way of support on this side of the world, I still want to put out a monthly post to let other Aussies know about our blog website that hopefully (and I know of a few cases where it has) help alleviate some of the fears that not only our kids go through, but also the parents.) Still trying to pay it forward - for all the help we received from all you lovely people!

Cyber hugs to everyone, especially my old posting buddies.

Del
    xx
    Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
    Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
    Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
    L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.
Working...
X