Almost 11 months post-op

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost 11 months post-op

Ever since it got cooler here in Australia my backs become sore when i got to lay down or get back up. It wasnt like this during the warmer months.

Should I bring this up when I got to my 12 month check up in a couple of months?
    2002 - 42 degree curve (top) and 38 degree curve (bottom)

2003 - 43 degree curve (top) and 37 degree curve (bottom)

2007 - 46 degree curve (top) and 48 degree curve (bottom)

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Cina-- it may just be coincidence with the weather change... or maybe not. I would definitely mention it when you go for your check-up. Do you have a list of things to ask about or are concerned about??? I usually make a list because otherwise I'd forget!!! Let us know what your doctor says.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I've started checking the "aches and pains" index on the weather.com web site. Every time a cold front comes thru, I ache a lot. Today it was a 10 .... the index, i mean, not the pain level TG!!!

Comment

I was told that it could be due to the change in the weather from a family friend who has had similar surgery done on her back. I'll make sure i'll bring it up with the doctor

Anterior/Posterior surgery 17th of July and 31st of July 2007 and 2.5 cm's taller

Comment

I really don't know if it has much to do with your back or not, but. I live in the Colorado Rockies and have hardware from my butt to my neck. I can tell you however that every time the barometer changes either way it lights me up. Even in our summer months when a rain storm blows in my pain threshold seems to changes too.
          Be sure to put that question on your list and ask your doctor
          March 23, 2006 Anterior/posterior Ileum-T2
          15 1/2 Hours
          Dr. Tom Lowe R.I.P.

Comment

I had my appointment Wednesday and all is good. The pain I've been getting has been with the change in weather here. Due to it being winter in Australia i feel it more then i would in the warmer months. I was told that its normal so I have nothing to worry about

Comment

Working...
            X