Back to Work !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Work !

I made it through my first full day back at work, I am so excited because I was getting really bored at home. I think the hardest thing for me was being so sleepy. Between my pain pills, and not being used to waking up that early, it was really hard. I am taking it slow. I normally do outside sales so for now, I am just working in the office at my desk. It will be a slow start, but I am happy I am moving forward !
    Jamie Age 29
    Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
    2008 Curves - 39/63/44
    Surgery Date - 3/25/08
    T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Wow, Jamie...back to work in 6 weeks!! Holy cow, that's amazing. I'm so glad you wrote - it gives me hope that I might return to work in 3 months. I'm almost twice as old as you so I'm gonna figure 12 weeks to return.

Congratulations on a successful surgery and thanks for the info you've shared. Every single nugget shared here is allowing me to go into my surgery with confidence and knowing what to expect. That's priceless to me.
    Susan
    XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

I think that it is important for everyone to know that whether it takes you 6 weeks to get back to work, or 6 months to get back, eventually you will get back to the things you want to do. It is a hard surgery but we can all make it through it with support.
      Jamie Age 29
      Mother to a 6 year old daughter & an 11 month old baby boy.

2000 Curves - 28/40/32
      2008 Curves - 39/63/44
      Surgery Date - 3/25/08
      T4 - L1

63 degrees corrected to 15 degrees !

Comment

Working...
      X