Yay! One year anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much!

Thank you, all, for your well wishes and very generous thoughts. I am glad if the Lord can use me here on the forum as encouragement to others. I just know that you have all enriched my life and my walk through this scoli journey, and you are the blessing to me...

Yes, we've been through a lot this year, Patty... we and so many others. It feels good to have one year under my belt, but oh, there's a lot more ahead till I feel "recovered"! And as I've said before, I think it's more like "changed"-- but for the better. We have to be adapters, don't we?! I discovered the other night that I can't bend over the kitchen table to do a poster... unless I do it differently than before. I think that might be how I strained my back, although I tried to turn the poster and work just close to me... I don't know. Some of us have such long fusions!!!

C&C--I loved the ecard! I could "almost" smell the roses!

Big hugs and my best to all of you-- gotta run now-- off to PT.

PS--I think I'll bookmark this page for those "down" days when you get to feeling discouraged. These caring thoughts are enough to buoy anyone up!!! Thanks again!
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Congratulations Susie! I'm so happy for you (and right behind you). I'm glad to hear you doing so well and I also want to thank you for all the scoli friendship and support over this past year. Go celebrate some more!
      Best,
      Anya
      "You must be the change you want to see in the world."

Previously 55 degree thoracolumbar curve
      Surgery June 5, 2007 - Dr. Clifford Tribus, University of Wisconsin Hospital
      19 degrees post-op!

http://abhbarry.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Susie

I too wanted to congratulate you on your one year!!

Nice to see that you are still on the forum offering help and support to others even though the worst is over for you.

Hope the dinner out was wonderful.

Hugs, Carol
        CarolS
        68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
        Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
        Osteotomy March 20,2008
        Thrilled with results!

Comment

You have graced this forum with your presence from the start and are so helpful and caring to so many. Congratulations, Susie!

Chris

Comment

Susie,

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you and proud of you. Like others have said, your constant support, positive attitude, and seemingly endless patience has been so helpful to so many of us, myself included!

Thank you
            2000 34*L/39*T
            2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
            (initially planned T4-L1)
            12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Yeah! It sort of flies, doesn't it? I swear I just barely joined this forum, and you and others are talking about it being a year already! It's not easy, but it's not impossible, and I hope all the future surgery folks can read threads like this and feel the support of this site, and of people like you.
              Congratulations!!!
              31 year old female
              55* (day of surgery) thoracic curve w/compensatory lumbar
              T4-T12 on Aug 15, 2007

MRI, pre-surgery
              Xray, 3 mos. post-op
              Machu Picchu, 8 mos. post-op

Comment

Susie,
                Congratulations on the big milestone. I'm beginning to realize that the encouragement and support one receives post-op is possibly even more valuable than the pre-op kindnesses. I have relied on this forum and the comments of the post-op's to help me get through some really difficult days - and you are always here!!! Your positive attitude and willingness to share is a blessing to all who read your posts. Thank you for contributing even though you are well past the early recovery stages.
                As of 12/25/07, age 62, 100* thoracic kyphosis, 73* L1-S1 lordosis, 37*/25* compensatory S-curve scoliosis. On 12/26/07, Dr. Boachie @ HSS NYC did 11 hours ant. & post. procedures, fused T2-L2, kyphosis now 57*, scoli 10*. Regained 2 1/4 inches in height!! Improving every day.

Comment

Me too

Hey, Susie -
                  I'll add my congrats and thanks to this long list. It's great that you are doing so well and still being of such help to others. Kudos!
                  FeliciaFeliciaFelicia
                  10/24/00 posterior fusion T4-L4 at age 57
                  8/5/05 posterior surgery for spinal stenosis at L4-L5; laminectomy and fusion
                  5/14/07 posterior revision with fusion to sacrum
                  2/11/08 anterior discectomy L5-S1, and reinforcement of fusion with plate attached to L5-S1
                  3/9/2011 and 3/11/2011 revision surgery with Dr. Lenke, St. Louis - complete revision and fusion with instrumentation from T1 to sacrum, one lumbar osteotomy.

Comment

Hey Susie! Congrats on the one year mark!
                    2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
                    surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
                    Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
                    5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
                    5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
                    6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
                    (left open with just clear dressing)
                    6/6/08 recleaned and closed
                    3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Working...
                    X