New York Surgeons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Surgeons

I'm planning a trip to New York for the purpose of getting some consultations on back surgery. I'm aware of Neuwirth, Boachie and Schwab as leaders in the field of adult lumbar scoliosis. Are these the best? Did I miss anyone? Any advice is appreciated.

Dr. Jean Pierre Farcy operated on me in 1988 and he is still going strong. I'd recommend him for a first or second opinion.
    T-6 - L-4 Zeilke-CD (Anterior - Posterior) procedure in 1988 at age 39. Dr Jean Pierre Farcy New York City. 50% correction of severe levoscoliosis. Continuing to do very well 20 years post-op!

Comment

do a "search"...

Paul-- if you do a search for NY surgeons, you should get several hits... here are a couple I just found that include some doctors you didn't mention... I don't know about them myself, so this isn't a recommendation.

http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showp...67&postcount=7
      http://www.scoliosis.org/forum/showt...7533#post17533

Best wishes in your search.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

NY Surgeons

Dear Paul,

Our 26 year old daughter had scoliosis surgery 6 months ago with a wonderful doctor, Dr. Antonacci who has offices both in NJ and NYC. We went to him initially for a second opinion. We are very pleased with the surgery and the results. We had posted more about him for all to share. If you go to Search and put in his name, there is more to share.

If you wish to contact him in the NYC office, his number is 212-249-8144.
        bjmk18

Comment

Originally posted by bjmk18
          Dear Paul,

Our 26 year old daughter had scoliosis surgery 6 months ago with a wonderful doctor, Dr. Antonacci who has offices both in NJ and NYC. We went to him initially for a second opinion. We are very pleased with the surgery and the results. We had posted more about him for all to share. If you go to Search and put in his name, there is more to share.

If you wish to contact him in the NYC office, his number is 212-249-8144.
          bjmk18
          I'm 25 years old and need a second opinion about surgury. What were her curves before and after surgury? Does she have any problems? back pain? How soon after was she able to work or go to school? Any feedback is appreciative.

Comment

Working...
          X