Rolfing vs. Scroth vs. Yoga vs. etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txmarinemom
    Not only did this quack steal my photo link from here, he claims he can (at least in the case he cites) "cure" scoliosis in just a few treatments by 50%! The CA Board of Examiners loved that one too when I told them. Even THEY don't believe that.

Judging by the way they reacted to the story, and the fact a different person from the Enforcement Division called me back to encourage I report it to law enforcement as a cyber-crime, I'm hopeful this guy will end up with a new "career".
    I just wanted to apology mainly for angering you which I never intended to do. I took down the link to your powerpoint. I really do try to help people so I hope you understand that before trying to destroy my life and career. I am perfectly willing to cooperate with whatever is legal. You could have just called or email me and I would have acted promptly. I also contacted the Board of Chiropractors to see what was my crime. They said something different but I will just have to wait.
    Last edited by chiroworks; 07-10-2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Wow...You go girl Get this quack and get him good
      SandyC
      SandyC

Comment

Originally posted by chiroworks
        I just wanted to apology mainly for angering you which I never intended to do. I took down the link to your powerpoint. I really do try to help people so I hope you understand that before trying to destroy my life and career. I am perfectly willing to cooperate with whatever is legal. You could have just called or email me and I would have acted promptly. I also contacted the Board of Chiropractors to see what was my crime. They said something different but I will just have to wait.
        Excuse me, but *I* broke the link. You knew what you did was wrong/illegal - you just chose to do it *anyway*. Keep your pathetic apology. The result of your actions are *yours* to own, buddy.

You have also been reported to the IC3 (JV between Texas Atty Gen's Office and FBI), and you can expect a civil matter in your lap, as well. I will prosecute and litigate to the fullest extent possible, and you should have thought about the consequences before you put MY body on your website (ignoring the usage instructions) in pictures you stole from HERE.

Contact the Board all you want: I talked to them a few times yesterday, and I will provide them with 28 pages of documentation as your website WAS before you got caught.

And don't you DARE tell me what *I* could have done!
        Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
        AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
        Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
        Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
        EMAIL ME

Comment

Why did you just go and use this lady's x-rays without asking her? It does seems really, very unethical for you to have done this. If you want to help people then please do everything above board, because not only do you hurt yourself, you hurt other alternative practitioners who might be genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by orchid
            Why did you just go and use this lady's x-rays without asking her? It does seems really, very unethical for you to have done this. If you want to help people then please do everything above board, because not only do you hurt yourself, you hurt other alternative practitioners who might be genuine.
            Actually, what I did was put a link to her file that she used to post here publically. There was no phone call or fax yesterday so I didn't see her board message until this morning pacific time or I would have done so sooner. The pictures on my website are my patients and they have signed a waiver with permission.

Comment

Just so we're all clear here, every slide in my .ppt has a footer (and had that footer when the doctor STOLE it):

"Property of txmarinemom. Any republication of this presentation, in part or whole, is prohibited without explicit permission from texasmarinemom@gmail.com."

What part of that isn't clear? And you want to say all I had to do was call or email YOU?

YOU should have never taken my property you could have ONLY lifted from here! (you so busted yourself in that that link is ONLY listed on this site).

Besides, you used MY body, and MY surgery, as a "this is what can happen to you if you don't let me treat you".

But now it's my deal not to ruin your career for your behavior? You had a choice to do the ethical thing and you chose ... NOT. Now, whatever shakes out, shakes out.

You're not sorry you DID it, you're just sorry you got busted. There's a huge difference in regret and remorse.
              Last edited by txmarinemom; 07-10-2008, 09:00 PM. Reason: emphasis on USAGE LIMITS

VIEW MY X-RAYS
              EMAIL ME

Comment

The pictures on my website are my patients and they have signed a waiver with permission.
                THAT is what you should have done in Pam's case - asked her permission.

She CHOSE to post the link here - but you tried to use her photos for your own gain without her knowledge or permission, as a scare tactic to lure people to seek treatment with you - that's an entirely different matter and you insult the intelligence of every member here when you try to state that you didn't think you were doing anything wrong.

If I was going to use someone's photo, or even so much as give out their e-mail address, I would have the common courtesy to ASK them first if it was OK. You'll see in my signature there is a link to a VBS awareness video - the person who put it together got the permission of each and every individual before she used anyone's photos. It's seems like pretty basic common-sense stuff to me.
                Last edited by mariaf; 07-10-2008, 08:48 PM.
                mariaf305@yahoo.com
                Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
                Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Actually, what I did was put a link to her file that she used to post here publically. There was no phone call or fax yesterday so I didn't see her board message until this morning pacific time or I would have done so sooner. The pictures on my website are my patients and they have signed a waiver with permission.
                  Keep lying and digging yourself deeper. I'm documenting it all.

I am not a patient of yours, I had a reproduction limit on that .ppt file, and I NEVER gave you permission.

You'd do well to stop posting. Everything you type and/or edit is being added to my files.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                  EMAIL ME

Comment

Hello Pam, txmarinemom, you're not this chiropractor's patient and it looks like you didn't sign a waiver allowing this guy to use your info, yes?

I'm amazed that this chiropractor did this. You can't just take people's info without permission and use it for your own ends. It's appalling. Chiroworks, what is your explanation for this?

Comment

Originally posted by txmarinemom

What part of that isn't clear? And you want to say all I had to do was call or email YOU?
                      What I meant was that I would have removed the link yesterday verses today. That link was only about a day old on my website about when I posted to this forum. I have only recently joined this forum.

Comment

What I meant was that I would have removed the link yesterday verses today. That link was only about a day old on my website about when I posted to this forum. I have only recently joined this forum.
                        Your pathetic excuses are falling on deaf ears, and you'll have to face the consequences of your own actions. I'm NOT accepting your BS platitudes.

That was MY body. MY property. And you STOLE it for your own gain without a single word to me.

You only recently joined this forum and joined to STEAL, dude ... so save it for the courts.

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                        EMAIL ME

Comment

I understand that you going to sue. I will completely cooperate with the board and the courts decision. As a new chiropractor, my dream was to help people in choosing the healthcare field. Whatever happens I hope to continue helping people in whatever field. I am apologizing again for making you angry knowing fully well you wont accept it.

Comment

I really do try to help people so I hope you understand that before trying to destroy my life and career.
                            If you think chiro is helping stop curve progression or even lessens curves then why don't you apply for the million dollar paranormal challenge of the JREF wherein chiro is included. That is to say, you prove chiro works as a cure, you win the million dollars.

For some reason, you chiro types never seem to try to win the money... maybe even YOU and the other chiro types don't believe it works.

And to use Pam's photos as a way to scare folks, some of which will try your quackery and then go on to need surgery, is unconscionable. I mean you do have (many? all?) patients where chiro is a failure and they go on to have surgery, right?

I wish chiro types were required to keep records. This stuff would be gone within a decade.
                            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Stupidity

To be stupid is not a "sin" in and of itself; but to be stupid and offend the wrong person AND BREAK THE LAW? Not such a good idea.
                              Last edited by Chihuahua Mama; 07-11-2008, 07:20 PM.
                              Susan
                              XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

This guy really is unbelieveable. The only thing he has apologized for is for making Pam angry, not that he stole something of hers. How dumb can you get? Sally

Quote by Chiroworks (I am apologizing again for making you angry knowing fully well you wont accept it.)
                                Diagnosed with severe lumbar scoliosis at age 65.
                                Posterior Fusion L2-S1 on 12/4/2007. age 67
                                Anterior Fusion L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 on 12/19/2007
                                Additional bone removed to decompress right side of L3-L4 & L4-L5 on 4/19/2010
                                New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
                                Dr. Frank F. Rands735.photobucket.com/albums/ww360/butterflyfive/

"In God We Trust" Happy moments, praise God. Difficult moments, seek God. Quiet moments, worship God. Painful moments, trust God. Every moment, thank God.

Comment

Working...
                                X