No announcement yet.

Workout advice anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a very substantive article about post-op physiotherapeutic exercises for scoliosis patients at the personal website of Christa Lehnert-Schroth. It depicts some exercises, but more importantly, outlines the principles that ought to govern the therapy.

http://www.schroth-skoliosebehandlung.de/

First click the English flag, then at the left margin, click on the link "What can patients do?...(following surgery for spinal fusion)"

Then scroll down on the page that comes up, and click on the PDF link:

Physiotherapy For Scoliosis Patients Following Spinal Fusion Surgery.

Comment

Sarah--I'll try to do the arms and legs this coming week, if it works out. Plus there are already some additions to the core ones...

Do you use therabands at all? They are resistance bands, color coded for how much resistance there is... (yellow being the least, then red, green and blue.) A lot of my arm/leg ones use them. Plus I use a total gym, with weights on it, for squats. Definitely not needed, but it's good. Is there one of those at your gym?
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Hmmm...I'll have to see. Not sure. I have used the bands before in physical therapy. I think my gym has some. Thank you "Writer" for that link. I can't read it at home because my Acrobat is wacked but I'll check it out at work!

You all are so kind to give me so much information! This is great.
        { sarah }

Posterior Spinal Fusion for a 76 degree curve in 2000 at age 19. Two rods placed, fused from T4 to L2. Curve reduced to a 29º.
        One rod broken and noticing increased pain in 2004. Curve progressed to 39º.
        March 2007 Revision surgery- Rods removed and discovery of unhealed fusion. Had new rods placed along with new bone from Thoracoplasty and BMP.

Comment

Working...
        X