Sluggish Plumbing Post Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggish Plumbing Post Surgery?

I've had some serious problems lately involving my "Plumbing" to put it nicely. I want to tell everyone that may not know already that there is an awesome fiber available. Benefiber. You can put it in your coffee and not taste it (unless you have a "very very discriminating pallete"! It is non thickening, no jelling etc., easy to mix. Personally I can't even taste 2 teaspoons in 3 oz. of water. You can even cook with it, add it to soup etc.. This stuff works, without it I think I would have totally died after my recent surgery for the plumbing problem. Also it works in both directions, say if the plumbing runs too freely it will slow you down, took me from something that could be likened to a space shuttle launch to almost normal! Some of you are probably wondering if I get part of the profits! If I get back to work I do hope to buy some stock in the company because when millions of people do finally try it they will like it! I started out with citrucell and it was AWFUL. If some of you try it and it "helps you" please reply and let others know. I will certainly have it in my system when I go in for surgery. I use the powder form, is available in tablets with or without sugar. Been told the tablet with sugar does not work as well for some folks.
    Best 2 All,
    Hope This Can Help Someone!
    Chris

I'm glad you posted about this. I've had this problem my whole life (runs in the family) and I'm really concerned about it after surgery. I've never tried Benefiber, but I'll be sure to buy some in the next couple of weeks. I take Experience (an herbal supplement) almost every day it helps me a lot, as long as I don't get too stressed out. Metamucil and MiraLax work well too. I have a long list of other things that I've tried if anyone is interested.
    Chemist, 30

1998- 18 degrees
    2003- 33 degrees
    2005- 37 degrees
    2006- 44 degrees
    May 2007- 47 degrees
    December 2007 - 50 degrees X-ray

Surgery May 27, 2008
    Fused T1 to L2
    Curve corrected to 15 degrees X-ray

Comment

Congrats!

I hope you get a bunch of graduation presents! I promise you will benefit from Benefiber. You can mix it in ice craam, yogurt, you can even bake it in cookies. Max dose is 6 teaspoons daily though,so if you make good cookies don't get carried away.Ha. Also it is all natural, the ingredient is wheat dextrin, and is almost gluten free (less than 10ppm).
      Regards,
      Chris

Comment

I love benefiber. Works well, no taste like Chris said. Though I can taste it if I mix with water.
        30 something y.o.

2003 - T45, L???
        2005 - T50, L31
        bunch of measurements between...

2011 - T60, L32
        2013 - T68, L?

Posterior Fusion Sept 2014 -- T3 - L3
        Post - op curve ~35

Comment

I swear by Miralax.... i put it in my coffee and never could tell at all.... sure saved my life a few times, i tell ya...lol

Comment

Another vote for MiraLax.....by far the best laxative out there.
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Benefiber isn't a laxative!

I'm no expert on this subject! I'm just blowing the horn for a product that will help keep things soft that is safe to take daily. It helps you get a good bit of the fiber that is "reccomended" daily. All natural unlike miralax. I googled miralax and found it is not reccomended for use more than two weeks as it can cause laxative dependency. If interested go see
              http://www.healthsquare.com/newrx/mir1646.htm
              Just because it is on the net don't mean its true! Here is Benefiber info from drugs.com;
              Benefiber Warnings
              If you are pregnant or nursing a baby ask a health professional before use.

Keep out of reach of children.

If you are pregnant or nursing a baby, ask a health professional before use.

Additional Information for Benefiber Plus Calcium Wild Berry Chewables
              Ask a doctor before use if you have kidney stones or are on a calcium restricted diet.
              Their link is;
              http://www.drugs.com/drp/benefiber-supplement.html
              Gotta go!
              Thank Ya'll,
              Chris

Comment

Chris, thanks for posting this, I'm about 13 weeks post op and have still been having a problem in this area. Last week was the worse, I started looking several months pregnant and while I wanted to start wearing regular clothes, how about a pair of jeans I thought I would not be able. It has now gone down, I just added even more fruits and veggies for the past 10 days, but I will try the Benefiber also. I had the Miralax, but still not consistent. Thanks for the info.

LJ

Comment

Gotta agree-I was introduced to those little packets of Benefiber in the hospital-it did what it was supposed to do with no drama or aftertaste. Let's all go buy stock. =)
                  Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
                  Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
                  Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
                  www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Stool softners are important too. They helped me more than the laxatives.

Sue

Comment

Working...
                    X