Dr. Boachie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Boachie

I am so excited! I made my appointment with Dr. Boachie for July. I have been suffering with extreme pain for 2 years and I am finally going to get a second opinion. I had my original surgery in Michigan where I live in June of 2006. I was wondering if anyone knew of any nearby, good hotels near his office? I have never been to New York and I know nothing about the area. If anyone has any tips or things I should know ahead of time please let me know. The office did let me know that even with my insurance ( blue cross blue shield ) my office visit that I will be responsible for ( not covered ) will range from 400 to 700 dollars depending on my visit. I am to bring recent x-rays, cat scans and my operative report. I hope I can be helped! Any additional info. we be sooo great. Thanks!

Stephanie
    Anterior T11 to L3
    Rib Removed
    June 5, 2006
    Stephanie
    T11 to L3
    1 rib removed
    June 5, 2006

Stephanie,

I’m truly sorry for you that you have experienced such problems from your original surgery that you now have to seek advice from another surgeon. Good Lord, I hope this is not a trend where we all ultimately find ourselves knocking on Dr. Boachie’s door.

Good luck with your appointment.

Chris

Comment

Stephanie-My husband & I stayed at the BelAire/associated with the hospital the night before my operations... it was good. It's right across the street...
      I was wondering when you started having pain, just recently? we both had our surgeries in 2006. Do you have a lower/lumbar curve?
      Lynne

Comment

Stephanie, if you go on the Hospital for Special Surgery's web site they give a few suggestions for places to stay. They're not cheap but....nothing in New York is cheap, of course. Some people stay at the Helmsley Towers, a few blocks away from Boachie's office. We stayed at the Bel Air and it was fine, except we had a cockroach the size of a small dog in the bathroom...
        Chris
        A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
        Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
        Post-op curve: 12 degrees
        Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Ok Chris----thank God I did not see one that night before surgery, I would have flipped....surgery & cockroaches are my worst fears..
          sorry Stephanie, maybe you don't want to stay there....Ly

Comment

My Pain

I have always had pain on and off my entire recovery. I thought it was all normal for the first year even though I had alot of strange problems: one very hot foot ( left one same side as surgery ), I could not lift up my left leg for the first 3 weeks following surgey, my hip has always felt like a fresh bruise, my left thigh can not be touched softly without stinging, my entire 2 years now I have had a horrible, horrible pain in one spot of my lower left back. It feels like something is either stuck, tight, pinched, everything horrible you can possible feel. I can not turn a certain way or bend that way either without feeling like something is going to tear or something. I have had the most severe and intense pain in that spot so bad that it could make me throw up. It wakes me up out of my sleep in the middle of the night. It used to happen like every couple days or happen for three straight days and then i could feel fine for four. But now for atleast a month or so maybe longer, I can't tell anymore, it is every single day. I usually use half of my pain pill in the morning and then I need the other half at night. I have seen my Dr. so many times about this and I went back to physical therapy 3 different times for 3 months each time 3 days a week. They did massage therapy, tens stimulation, ice packs everything. I never got better. All of my previous x-rays my Dr. said looked fine and a few months ago I did a cat scan. My dr. said I was ok and this was all normal. Um I am sorry but I feel anything but normal. I am seeing him one last time this Wednesday to get some new x-rays to take with me. I wonder if he will see or say anything different this time? My fusion is in my lumbar area. I was fused T11 to L3. My original curve was about 45 ish and now it I think was about 10. But I can not live any longer with this excruciating pain. Sorry this was so long I got carried away. I have posted other threads and one was my recovery right after surgey thru i think 1 year and 8 months. Hope New york does good for me!

Stephanie
            T11 to L3
            Rib Removed
            June 5, 2006
            Stephanie
            T11 to L3
            1 rib removed
            June 5, 2006

Comment

Info

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked online and you guys aren't kidding, New York is expensive. I will look on the hospitals site again too. I did not see that info the first time. Atleast the hotels are really close. Thats a huge plus! Thanks!

Stephanie
              Stephanie
              T11 to L3
              1 rib removed
              June 5, 2006

Comment

Working...
              X