state testing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state testing?

Hi. :] im in 8th grade and around april 28th is the state testing.
    the GEPA stuff.
    well. when my back hurts a lot like it has lately, i bring a pillow around and use it for my back when i sit.
    however, during the testing which is for 4 days for long periods of time, i am not allowed to bring anything into the room other than my pencils.
    so what should i do?
    like i dont have a 504 plan thingy.

=P
    i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

You or your parent need to speak to the School's Testing Coordinator (STC) to resolve the issue and alleviate your concern. This person is usually an administrator, like the Assistant Principal. I am sure a pillow is allowed. I am a middle school teacher. I just coordinated and administered two weeks of testing for the Maryland state test within our school. We definitely would have let a student use a pillow if that is something which is needed. Remember, teachers want students to score high on these tests. We don't want students to be physically uncomfortable. If for some strange reason they are concerned about the pillow, your doctor could fax at letter stating this is necessary for your health. It's no big deal.

Just don't write any questions or answers on the pillow before you leave the testing room.
    Last edited by 2kids; 04-16-2008, 12:25 PM.
    Daughter 17.5 (diagnosed @ 12 yrs) in Sept 2007 AIS
    Oct 2007: T-20, L-20 [160 cm]
    Mar 2008: T-24, L-24 [163 cm], started Cheneau brace
    May 2008: T-16, L-7 (in-brace) [164.2 cm]
    Oct 2008: T-23, L-15 (out-of-brace) [167 cm]
    Feb 2009: T-20, L-18 (in-brace) 2nd brace
    Jun 2009: T-20, L-16 (in-brace) [172.2 cm]
    Dec 2009: T-33, L-16 (out-of-brace) [173.8 cm]
    Apr 2010: T-25, L-12 (in-brace) [175.3 cm] 3rd brace
    Mar 2011: T31, L20 (out) [176.2]
    Jul 2012: T31, L20 (out) [177.2]

Comment

2kids is right. In my eyes, your health comes before education and what the state wants. You should definitely talk to a principal, teacher, or any other school official and see if maybe there's any sort of adjustments they can make. Otherwise, you might end up super sore, and NO test is worth that.

Good Luck, and Do WELL On That Test!
      braceyourself.

Comment

i asked my teachers who talked to the principal and he said that nothing is permitted in the rooms.
        should i try getting a doctor note?
        i have scoliosis. third boston brace. (:

Comment

Working...
        X