April, May, June 2008 surgeries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

news about Sharshe

I thought there was someone else designated to post, but since I don't see anything yet, thought I'd share an email I received from her husband on Friday night. (I was gone yesterday...) This is what he said:

"Sharon's surgery went well today. The doctor predicted 4 hours but it took 5.5. There is an incision up her left side and another under her ribs. This was to place the hardware that goes in the front of the spine.They are going to keep her there all week till next Fridays operation. She is very sore and her stomach is a little upset from the drugs but otherwise doing well."

So it's good news so far, but still a ways to go... I know she still needs our thoughts and prayers as she faces this next surgery.
    71 and plugging along... but having some problems
    2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
    5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
    Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
    CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
    10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

any news???

Has anyone heard from any of the ones that had surgeries this week-- other than Arn010's daughter Amanda (who has given updates a couple times) ... ??? I had someone asking if we'd heard anything, so thought I'd just post and ask.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

different date/different doctor

I'm having anterior on 6/16 and posterior on 6/23 from T10 to L5. Saving that fusion to the sacrum. Phew.
        Susan
        XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Not so great follow-up.

My 2 week follow-up was very disappointing. C2 and C1 had subluxed, so it was back to the OR for 4 hrs for me and and a Mother's Day gift of 2 more Chest Tubes. The Fairfield Inn thinks Hubby is a character from 'Cheers" (where everybody knows your name!) I've been home for a week now and go back for a check up in 2. I could surely use your prayers for a good outcome!

Trish
          Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
          Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
          Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
          www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Trish,

Sorry things did not go as well as you had hoped but it is all over and your back looks wonderful on your blog!

Hope it only gets better and better from now on. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

We are all thinking of you.
            Carol
            PS...with such cute grandkids recovery is sure to be full of smiles!!!!
            CarolS
            68 degree right lumbar scoliosis, mild kyphosis at L1-2
            Anterior/Posterior Correction, T8 to Sacrum, Sept 20th, 2007
            Osteotomy March 20,2008
            Thrilled with results!

Comment

[QUOTE=trishthedish]I could surely use your prayers for a good outcome!/QUOTE]

Trish, count on it. Sending those prayers.

Hang in there!
              Susan
              XLIF/Posterior Surgery 6/16/08. Fused T10-L5 in CA by Dr. Michael Kropf (don't go there unless it's simple, I hear he's at Cedar's now). Very deformed, had revision w/5 PSO's, rods from T-3 to sacrum including iliac screws, all posterior, 5/23/16 with Dr. Purnendu Gupta of Chicago.

Owner of Chachi the Chihuahua, So Cal born and bred, now a resident of 'Chicagoland' Illinois. Uh, dislike it here....thank God there was ONE excellent spine surgeon in this area.

Comment

Trish-- I am praying for you too. I was so sorry to read of the need for additional surgery, but surely that will have done the trick. You have definitely had quite a time of it!

I hope, since they know his name, that the hotel staff has treated your hubby royally.

I haven't looked at your blog lately, but, after reading Carol's glowing report, I guess I'd better get my act together...

You will continue to be in my prayers. Also, plenty of healing thoughts and gentle hugs from me to you... Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Good luck Trish, hopefully this is the last 'tune-up' you need. Sounds like you have a great attitude, and great support in your family.

Milwalkee Brace 1976 - 79
                  Told by Dr. my curve would never progress

Surgery 10/15/08 in NYC by Dr. Michael Neuwirth
                  Pre-Surgury Thorasic: 66 degrees
                  Pre-Surgery Lumbar: 66 degrees

Post-Surgery Thorasic: 34 degrees
                  Post-Surgery Lumbar: 22 degrees

Comment

Any news on Ginger W.?

Has anyone heard from Ginger W.? She had surgery in N.Y. on May 20th. Hope she is doing well.

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the prayers. My June 12 appt went well. My head is still straight on my shoulders (surprise). Next appt is July 18. And thanks for looking at the blog, too . I am lucky to have such a wonderful bunch of family and friends.

Sending prayers and well-wishes to all with recent and up-coming surgeries. Each day is another step forward, even if it doesn't feel like it, I think.

God bless you all
                      Trish
                      Posterior fusion T5-L1 May 5, 2003-age 43
                      Posterior revision, thoracotomy,fusion T2-L2 April 8, 2008-age 49
                      Fusion extension C1-L2 evacuation left pulmonary effusion May 9, 2008, age 49
                      www.buggfamily.blogspot.com

Comment

Trish-- I was glad you posted to let us know how you are doing. I was so relieved to hear your appointment went well and all is still in order. You've sure been through a lot!!! Hopefully it will continue to be smooth sailing without any more of these extra surgeries or other problems. Be sure to let us know how the July appointment goes.

You have such a wonderful attitude! And God is good, regardless of the difficulties we have. Enjoy your family and the forward progress you are making in your recovery. Hugs, Susie

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Has anyone heard from Rita/Wishing? I think she's the only one we haven't heard from yet... and I know she said her husband would let us know sometime. Just wondering if someone else might know.

I was going to ask about Ginger (yesterday) but then she surprised us with her post and blog link, which, if you haven't seen it yet, is pretty amazing-- and entertaining.

As you know from the updates Suzy has been giving us, Chihuahua Mama's 2nd surgery is scheduled for tomorrow-- and so is Chris WBS's surgery. We're almost done with this thread, unless there are updates people want to add. Abbie's (Amae28) surgery is the last one, on the 30th.

Corrected to 15°

Comment

Working...
                          X