No announcement yet.

Surgery dates are looming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, tomorrow is the day! Friday is the posterior part unless I'm too miserable and then it will be next Monday. Wish me luck and please say a prayer. Krysi

Comment

Good luck, hon. I wish you all the success and luck in the world.
      Chris
      A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
      Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
      Post-op curve: 12 degrees
      Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Thinking of you today, Krysi, and hope all goes well for you this week.

God bless,

Chris

Comment

I've survived! Barely....was in ICU for a bit but lived too tell about it.

Ginger- A thorocoplasty will take a rib and you will wake up with a chest tube. I did they said it would be in four days but I whined enough about
          wanting it out, that they took it out the next day.

As far a the details of the THREE surgeries I endured, I will post later because I just now have the strength to sit here and type for a few minutes and my mind is still very foggy. I lost 6 out of 7 pints of blood in surgery one and three so I have a long way to go yet. Give me a few more days girls and I'll tell you all about it. Krysi

Comment

Dear Krysi,

It is great to hear from you. Do take good care and get better. It sounds like you had quite a rough time. I'll be thinking of you and hope each day gets you better and better and stronger.

Rita

Comment

we're all thinking of you. Glad to hear you made it to the other side. REST and get back to us when you can.
              Sharon
              2 60* curves, DDD, left trunk shift, some rotation, rib and lumbar humps, annular tear at L5-S1
              surgery 5/08 planning fusion T3 or T4 to sacrum with iliac fixation
              Dr. Anderson at Rothman Institute
              5/16/08 ALIF L1-L5
              5/23/08 fused T2-sacrum w/fixation and I'm all Titanium
              6/4/08 open all back up to clean out for Staph infection
              (left open with just clear dressing)
              6/6/08 recleaned and closed
              3/30/2012 revision planned, broken rod and removal of iliac bolts

Comment

Hi Krysi,

I am glad to hear you made it through--sorry it was so rough. Take good care of yourself, and rest up. We will be here when you feel stronger.

Gayle
                Gayle, age 50
                Oct 2010 fusion T8-sacrum w/ pelvic fixation
                Feb 2012 lumbar revision for broken rods @ L2-3-4
                Sept 2015 major lumbar A/P revision for broken rods @ L5-S1

mom of Leah, 15 y/o, Diagnosed '08 with 26* T JIS (age 6)
                2010 VBS Dr Luhmann Shriners St Louis
                2017 curves stable/skeletely mature

also mom of Torrey, 12 y/o son, 16* T, stable

Comment

I can now sit here and get through my e-mail so sometime this week I will post about my ordeal. I am wearing the TLSO brace and doing well, finally. Talk to you all soon!

Krysi

Comment

Hi Krysi,
                    Glad your surgery went well. I'm nearly 6 months post revision, and can say that it gets better! (duh) I look forward to hearing the progress reports
                    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
                    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
                    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
                    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
                    msandham.blogspot.com

Comment

Yay, Krysi! That is great news that you're feeling well enough to tackle jobs like that-- catching up on email can be a daunting task, depending on how much there is... Just remember your #! job is taking care of yourself. I'm looking forward to your post -- hearing all about your unique story-- and all the bumps in the road you had! Take care! Susie
                      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

Working...
                      X