Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member saying Hi

Hello all,

My name is Will. I just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone since I've just joined the community - think this is the most applicable forum topic for me to post in. I've been reading through the forum and I'm just so happy that, for the most part, there are so many helpful and caring scoli's out there...it's awesome!

A little about me. I'm 22 from NYC with congenital scoliosis (did not see too many here, or maybe I just didn't look hard enough). I had a surgery at 2 and fusion later at 14. At the time, my curves were L57, T38.

To spare boring anyone with any more about me, that's all for now. But if there's anything that anyone thinks that I can be a help with, whether discussing my surgery or any of the other experiences (medical, physical, social, emotional) I have encountered, please do not hesitate to ask. I know I may not have had as much experience as some of you here, but I'll be glad to participate in any capacity.

Also, I'm starting medical school in August and naturally orthopedic spine surgery will be an specialty that I will consider pursuing. So hopefully in a few years, I may be able to contribute in a different capacity.

Thanks for your time, guys!

-Will

Welcome!
    It's cool to think that you could be operating on people with scoliosis one day, it's always appreciated here when doctors have a bit of empathy for their patients.
    1994 curve at age 13, 70 degrees, untreated
    2000 Anterior fusion with instrumentation T9-L2, corrected to 36 degrees, 14 degree angle between fused and un-fused thoracic spine.
    2007 26 degrees junctional scoliosis
    Revision surgery, 6th December 2007 T4 to L3, Posterior approach.
    msandham.blogspot.com

Comment

Ditto!

Good to have you on board here, Will. And that's great that you'll be going to medical school! Where are you going? Again, welcome to the forum.
      71 and plugging along... but having some problems
      2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
      5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
      Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
      CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
      10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

It'll probably be either New York Medical College or NY College of Osteopathic Medicine. Either way, I'll be staying in the NYC area.

Comment

Working...
        X