My daughter's artwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter's artwork

Sheena's interpretation of herself with her metal hardware.
    She drew this on the computer this evening, she plans on going into digital graphics animation.

Please don't anyone get offended, her friends teased her before surgery and nicknamed her "The Cripple". It was a great stress reliever for her instead of always worrying and being serious about it all the time. They're a great bunch of kids, they were very supportive of her before and after the surgery.
    Last edited by Sherie; 03-28-2008, 11:16 PM.

Originally posted by Sherie
    Sheena's interpretation of herself with her metal hardware.
    She drew this on the computer this evening, she plans on going into digital graphics animation.

Please don't anyone get offended, her friends teased her before surgery and nicknamed her "The Cripple". It was a great stress reliever for her instead of always worrying and being serious about it all the time. They're a great bunch of kids, they were very supportive of her before and after the surgery.
    That is soooooo fantastic and such a constructive way to express her emotions! I can only speak for my self, but the term 'cripple' is just a word and certainly doesn't bother me.

Sheena is very talented. You must be very proud of her!
    Becky, 46 years old
    Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
    Ignored until 448/07
    Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
    Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
    Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
    Fused T-10 to L-5
    14 titanium pedicle screws
    Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
    Email

Comment

Sheena is very talented...you must be proud of her work! It looks like she's taking this experience with a grain of salt, and at least trying to keep a lighthearted outlook on the situation. I have found that keeping a sense of humor goes a long way in getting through difficult times. I wish her much success in her endeavors

Renee

Comment

I really like her drawing! I'm into animation and manga myself, it's really cool XD. Heh, I say I'm a cyborg now so =P my family had been calling me the Twisted Sister before hand, so it is kind of a stress reliever to have little nick-names like that XD so you can be humorous about the whole thing. My dad also started calling me Zipper back now but I don't like that nickname quite as much >_>;

good luck to her with animation!
        Pre-Op:
        UT-35*. T-55*, L-30*
        16 year old girl
        Fusion- T5- T12 on March 17th 2008
        Post-OP:
        UT-27*, T/L-very straight : ]

Comment

Sherie:
          That is so cool. I will show Esme - she will love it too.
          Esme has been having fun making some pretty funny scoliosis avitars lately!
          Ruth
          Ruth, 50 years old (s-shaped 30 degree scoliosis) with degenerative disc disease, married to Mike. Mother to two children - Son 18 and daughter 14. Both have idiopathic scoliosis. Son (T38, L29) has not needed surgery to date. Daughter (March 08 - T62, L63).

Comment

I love it!! What a talent!!
            Chris
            A/P fusion on June 19, 2007 at age 52; T10-L5
            Pre-op thoracolumbar curve: 70 degrees
            Post-op curve: 12 degrees
            Dr. Boachie-adjei, HSS, New York

Comment

Sherie,
              What a great drawing! She has a wonderful talent AND a great sense of humor!

All the best to her in persuing a career in that field!
              Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
              Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
              Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Wow, Sherie ... Sheena's *really* talented! If that's where her interest lies, no doubt there's a fantastic future ahead of her .

Regards,
                Pam
                Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
                AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
                Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
                Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
                EMAIL ME

Comment

Thanks all for your kind comments. Sheena got all the creative talent in the family, I'm very proud of her and her outlook on this situation. I'm excited to see what she'll do with her art in the future.

Sanah,
                  Are you on Deviant art? She goes by Italuv and puts out a lot of work on there. She's really into manga too.

Comment

Sheena's little bionic scoli-girl is hillarious, clever and shows great talent.
                    I'm sure she'll go far with her gifts and sense of humor.

Comment

Whoa, thats amazing! My friends call me the cripple as well! lol, it's great she has a great sense of humor and artistic ability, she WILL go far
                      Danielle
                      14 Freshwoman
                      December 1st got no head the boston brace
                      Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
                      In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
                      In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
                      We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Love it! Please be sure to let her know we all think she is super talented!
                        71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                        2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                        5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                        Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                        CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                        10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

I loved it too!!!! That would make a FANTASTIC T'shirt!!!
                          A VERY talented and CLEVER girl!!!!
                          Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                          Sydney - Australia
                          Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
                          Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                          Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                          L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

I'm going to show that to Savannah. She likes art also and I think it will cheer her up.

I think your daughter is very talented!

sharon
                            Sharon, mother of identical twin girls with scoliosis

No island of sanity.

Question: What do you call alternative medicine that works?
                            Answer: Medicine

"We are all African."

Comment

Working...
                            X