I said I was going to ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said I was going to ...

.. get back in HEELS after surgery (if I had to *sleep* in them).

I met a friend at a new sushi joint outside Downtown for lunch today (52 days post op), and slipped on my favorite pair of 4" stiletto (with ankle strap) pumps ...

No pain anywhere in my back, no balance issues ... wore them for 3+ hours and felt just like old times .

ALSO felt 1000x more normal because all I ever WEAR are heels, flip-flops and cleats!

Counting down the days ... June 5th I'll be back in cleats (oh, trust me ... I've had them ON already for dry runs simply because because I miss them) ON the field.

One more post surgical annoyance down.

Regards,
    Pam
    Fusion is NOT the end of the world.
    AIDS Walk Houston 2008 5K @ 33 days post op!

41, dx'd JIS & Boston braced @ 10
    Pre-op ±53°, Post-op < 20°
    Fused 2/5/08, T4-L1 ... Darrell S. Hanson, Houston

VIEW MY X-RAYS
    EMAIL ME

Good for you! Don't know about you, but there's nothing like a really great pair of stilettos to make me feel like feminine! I bought a really fabulous pair of stilettos recently, and the minute I tried them on and realized how uncomfortable they are, I new they must be great looking!

I played softball into my mid 20's, and after I had my first baby (she's my 17 year old baby now) and then had 2 more babies, life just got so busy I didn't have time to play anymore, and I've missed it. It would be so fantastic to feel well enough to get back into shape and be able to play again. My 10 year old daughter plays catcher on her team, and if I don't play maybe I'll at least feel like helping coach the team. I've always been an active, outdoorsy type, and I've missed feeling like getting out and doing all the things I love. I'm excited by the prospect of feeling like doing them all again. Or at least trying.

I know we all heal at our own pace, and I'm not as athletic or as young as you, Pam, but I want to thank you for sharing your positive and determined attitude regarding recovery. You truly are inspiring!
    Last edited by skoshi314; 03-29-2008, 12:22 PM.
    Becky, 46 years old
    Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
    Ignored until 448/07
    Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
    Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
    Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
    Fused T-10 to L-5
    14 titanium pedicle screws
    Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
    Email

Comment

yay heels! I started putting wedges on around 6 weeks- 2mo post op. I also wore some KILLER heels last night, and was dancing (law school prom - totally silly!), and am definitely sore today. It does feel closer to "normal" though, to be able to get dressed up, go out, and dance, even if I pay for it later!
      2000 34*L/39*T
      2007 44*L/53*T

12.3.07 Posterior Spinal Fusion T4-T12
      (initially planned T4-L1)
      12.18.07 11*L/10*T

23 years old

Comment

Come here Pam and let Aunty Del put you over her knee and paddle your behind!!!!! No high heels for you yet!!!!! Bad for your back even us without Scoliosis!!!!! Got get yourself some sensible heels girl!!!

I've heard that cleats are also bad for your face........ especially if you combine them with kickboxing!!!!!

Del
        xx
        Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
        Sydney - Australia
        Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
        Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
        Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
        L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

Working...
        X