No announcement yet.

Please give me some advice!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS - Artichokes - that made me laugh!!!!!! Not icecream, a teddy, a doll, lollies but a 9 year old asking for Artichokes. Do you have kids? If you do you must have been a ball when you were pregnant!!!! LOL!
    Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
    Sydney - Australia
    Feb 2008 Fused T5-L1 and 5 ribs removed.
    Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
    Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
    L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

No, I don't have kids. If I were pregnant, it would be a real miracle, a first time ever........ I'm a guy.

Comment

Slice,
        I'm laughing so hard I nearly choked on my coffee.........
        Lori

Mom to Christopher, age 17, Mark, 13, Heather, 10 and Michael, 8
        Chris had surgery with Dr. John Flynn at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia on December 12, 2007. He is fused T4 to L4.
        Dr. Flynn is an AMAZING surgeon!

Comment

Hey Slice,

Please tell me about this mayonnaise and lemon juice "dip" for the artichokes.

My mom makes the best stuffed artichokes but we never had any dip

Do you just mix the two together??

And yes this thread has given my some much-needed laughs!!
          mariaf305@yahoo.com
          Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
          Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

Yeah, it's just mayonaise with a bit of lemon juice mixed in.

Comment

Thanks, Slice - I'll give it a try!
              mariaf305@yahoo.com
              Mom to David, age 17, braced June 2000 to March 2004
              Vertebral Body Stapling 3/10/04 for 40 degree curve (currently mid 20's)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ScoliosisTethering/

http://pediatricspinefoundation.org/

Comment

yummy seeing we're shelling out recipes now I should get out my pen n paper, and thanks for the idea...sounds really good, Slice.
                Danielle
                14 Freshwoman
                December 1st got no head the boston brace
                Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
                In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
                In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
                We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Hey Slice Baby!!!! Sorry - Hey! How was I to know!!!! LOL!!! That's so funny!
                  Well there's a first for everything - didn't you ever see that movie with Arnold Swazzeneger (sp?) and Danny DiVito??

ROFL!!!!
                  Del
                  Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                  Sydney - Australia
                  Dec 2009 - Crankshafting
                  Dec 10 - Revision surgery...3 vertebrae taken down, hooks removed, at T11-L1 - screws inserted, fusion extended down to
                  L3 using Pedicle screws, some rib removed to try to derotate. Praying for things to settle.

Comment

I HAVE GOT TO CHECK THIS FORUM MORE OFTEN!!!!! Things have been really crazy the last couple of days and I haven't had much time to check it out. This particular thread has covered so many topics (dogs, horses, accents, and now recipes) it's unbelievable! I needed a good laugh and now I've had one. Thanks!
                    Last edited by skoshi314; 03-25-2008, 11:19 PM. Reason: I'm typing and spelling challenged!
                    Becky, 46 years old
                    Diagnosed at 13 with mild scoliosis
                    Ignored until 448/07
                    Left thoracic 49* T5-T11
                    Right thorocolumbar 60* T11-L4
                    Surgery Monday, June 9, 2008 Oklahoma Spine Hospital
                    Fused T-10 to L-5
                    14 titanium pedicle screws
                    Corrected to approx. 10* YEA!!!
                    Email

Comment

Hey Del, I just checked out your blog. Who's the author of that crazy, funny, wonderful poem? Was it you or Ellysia?

Comment

Hey Slice Baby!

The poem was me! Don't ask me why I just enjoy writing little ditties!!!!!!

I think I may have some Irish blood in me!!!!!!

cheers
                        Del
                        Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                        Sydney - Australia
                        Dec 2009 - Crankshafting

Comment

Dear Aussiemum,

Just an idea. How about a budgie,or parakeet? Elysia could keep one in her room in a little cage. If she got a male bird, she could teach it to talk and do tricks. It would also sing, chatter and dance. Again, just an idea.
                          I'm afraid being Elysia is so soon post-op, that dealing with your rambunctious german shepherd might be a bit too strenuous for her.

Comment

EXACTLY!!!! Wishing! I get scared everytime he's inside that he's going to knock her flying and he does tend to jump up when he's excited.

We HAVE a bird!! It's a cockatiel, (parrot) very cute and it does come out of it's cage and play with the girls and does poopsie everywhere, I wonder if you can toilet train a bird????

Here's a funny story - just for those that are sitting around bored and have nothing else better to do than to read my ravings.......

We were all rushing about the house getting ready for a wedding. My brother in law from overseas was sitting looking out the window when he noticed a flock of birds darting around in our back yard. He also saw our German Sheppard jumping in the air and darting here and there trying to chase them off. THEN he noticed a bright little yellow bird doing the same thing! That looks like the same bird the girls have, he thought.

He went outside and saw our cage door open, IT WAS OUR BIRD, that had somehow opened the cage door and was now darting around the backyard being attacked by these crazy myer birds (they're a pest here in Australia).

Our bird, (name, Cheeky) flew across the yard in a panic and hit smack into a wall. Jaffa, the hero, runs to his aid and picks him up in his mouth.
                            My brother in law is screaming by this time for the dog to drop the bird which he wouldn't do. He is hitting the dog across the face, (now remember, Dog doesn't know him too well and he IS A GERMAN SHEPPARD) to drop the bird. He thinks OMG! I'm going to get mauled by this dog trying to save this bird. He holds his snout and reaches into his mouth to retrieve bird and gets a WHOPPING bite from the BIRD!!!!!!! Blood is pouring everywhere from the Gash!!!! I am LMAO as he tells me the story of what happend.

Result: Daughter runs into backyard picks up bird, brother-in-law has nasty bite on thumb!!!!!!

Yay for Jaffa - the Cockatiel Hero!!!!!!!

(lucky I can type 80 words a minute!!!!)

Del
                            Elysia 16 in Feb 2010
                            Sydney - Australia
                            Dec 2009 - Crankshafting

Comment

Never a dull moment at your place! Thanks for the entertainment!!!
                              71 and plugging along... but having some problems
                              2007 52° w/ severe lumbar stenosis & L2L3 lateral listhesis (side shift)
                              5/4/07 posterior fusion T2-L4 w/ laminectomies and osteotomies @L2L3, L3L4
                              Dr. Kim Hammerberg, Rush Univ. Medical Center in Chicago

Corrected to 15°
                              CMT (type 2) DX in 2014, progressing
                              10/2018 x-rays - spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 - Dr. DeWald is monitoring

Click to view my pics: pics of scoli x-rays digital x-rays, and pics of me

Comment

bahahaha, this thread has me crying X_X lol, i think that the best thing for Elysia at the moment is prbly to stay FAR from animals, at least if your dog is ANYTHING like mine
                                Danielle
                                14 Freshwoman
                                December 1st got no head the boston brace
                                Pre Brace Curves:18C 25T 30L
                                In brace curves: (1/23/08) 16C 20T 22L
                                In brace Curves: (5/21/08) 19C 19T 15L
                                We're Bringing CURVY BACK

Comment

Working...
                                X